Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Tokyo Narita RJAA in Production!

I've been eyeing this one too Daniel.  VHHH is currently my airport of choice in the Pacific, but this Narita project could very well change that.

Chris Sunseri

Have you been to VHHH or RJAA? Massive airports. The thing I like is when PMDG release the 777-300ER (it would be more appropriate to fly the original 300 with the Trent 800s) I will fly between VHHH and RJAA. I think Cathay also fly them to WSSS and Jakarta. As far as I know the 777s at Cathay have never been to Australia.

The quality on the RJAA scenery doesn't look that great right now but I think they are going to working that.

Have you seen the house on the East side of the airport at Narita, in the middle of he taxiways??

Narita also has an Aviation museum and a nice park on the NW part of the airport where you can go to view landings and takeoffs from 16R. The park is accessed from outside the airport. And the museum too. There are plenty of viewing areas on top of the Terminals at Narita too.

The scenery coming in to Narita is quite enjoyable. Not a lot of buildings but trees and rice paddies. It would be nice to have 10km radius of photorealistic scenery around the airport with correctly placed autogen.

You can now do International flights to RJTT as well, Haneda. They haven't got enough gates there yet at Haneda, so aircraft have to deplane passengers on a stand with air stairs and buses. Seems like I get that treatment in Bangkok almost every time. Buses, even if we do pull up at a gate.

I own wing creations Fukushima. Love their work.

Their Narita will be awesome. Definitely a developer that will improve with each project.

I was in Narita a couple weeks back, but unfortunately our plane was 4 hours late and we arrived well after dark. Delta did give me 5000 miles though for my inconvenience. I also like the fact that Haneda has international flights as well. Sure is nice not to have to take the limousine bus between airports. Maybe Wing Creations will make Naha sometime for FSX as a new international terminal there is currently under construction.

Chris Sunseri

I own wing creations Fukushima. Love their work.

Their Narita will be awesome. Definitely a developer that will improve with each project.

Great to hear that. I was wondering the quality of their work.

Danny F

He's about one month behind the original schedule.

Possibly see this end of this month.

Good timing for the PMDG 777...... Though even though sales of the T7 haven't been lacking, operators fly the A330 a lot these days. In Haneda you would not see one A330, except now the International flights started. It was all 767s, 747s and 777s. And 737s. Never an A340 either. But JAL had to dispose of their 747s (I wonder if they had to dispose of their inefficient management as well?) in order to obtain Government bailout.

I have the Japanese Scenery addons for Tokyo Haneda and Narita on FS2004 and they are beautiful. I don't think this is the same maker though.

The first time I was in Narita at age 14, I hopped on a bus. It was my first flight. And it was on a QANTAS 767-300ER. Not so great for comfort but suitable for pilots. Also has one of the highest thrust to weight ratios of ANY aircraft on the earth. In comparison to the 767 the A330 is a passenger's dream. The market really has made things more attractive for passengers and airlines that operate......

I was in Narita a couple weeks back, but unfortunately our plane was 4 hours late and we arrived well after dark. Delta did give me 5000 miles though for my inconvenience. I also like the fact that Haneda has international flights as well. Sure is nice not to have to take the limousine bus between airports. Maybe Wing Creations will make Naha sometime for FSX as a new international terminal there is currently under construction.

I done the bus thing when I was 14. Every other time from Narita a 2 and half hour train ride down to Yokohama to where I go (not Haneda). I did the limousine transfer between Kansai and Itami several years ago with a friend. Flying domestic out or into Tokyo is great in the day time because Mt Fuji is almost guaranteed to be seen.

The great thing about Japanese scenery is you can do flights in an hour. Or two max. Sapporo to Tokyo. Tokyo to Osaka. Osaka to Fukuoka.

From Wing Creation facebook:

I'm sorry.
Regrettable information.
We reached the conclusion that there was a problem in the quality as payware, as for RJAA at present. Therefore, we have to continue development further.
Future development is changed into the team which made Fukushima.
We aim at the sales start in September.

https://www.facebook.com/WingCreation?ref=stream

It seems they are very honest to themselves.

And I am actually surprised it can be done in September. They can make an airport as big as RJAA in two months, really?

Danny F

So they are saying RJAA around beginning of Sept? 

Eric 

Another great airport for the 777. Thanks for the update.

Chris Sunseri

So they are saying RJAA around beginning of Sept? 

They are saying the sale should start or the product should be finished in Sep. They didn't specify which part of the month tho.

Danny F

From the screenshots I just saw, I wouldn't pay more than $15-20 for this scenery. I continue on waiting for the big time developers to tackle Narita.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Their Fukushima is excellent payware. The Narita pics I've seen have been disappointing so it's good to hear that they are bringing in the Fukushima team.