Sign in to follow this  
SparkGaming

ifly 737?

Hello, I know the first thing your going to think is "ify 737? why!?!?!?!?!!?! the PMDG is sooo much better!" And i know it is but I am scared to buy the pmdg 737 because it is so frame rate heavy I don't have a good computer and I really want a 737, is it worth buying the ifly 737? Just to give you an idea of my framerates, on default aircraft i get around 35 fps, with the airbus x extended I get about 17.

And i know it is but I am scared to buy the pmdg 737 because it is so frame rate heavy I d

I have both  the ifly and the pmdg and  the ifly is fps heavier on my machine.

Yeah it's a great simulation too though personally I think PMDG 737NGX has quite a bit better feel on it, especially with flight dynamics.

I don't know if it's that much easier on frames than 737NGX though, you might get 5 extra FPS or so at best or you might get no better performance at all.

I don't think 737NGX would run all that bad on your computer if you get 17FPS with Airbus Extended which in my experience is actually heavier than the 737NGX.

The NGX gets higher fps fore me as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I just sat in with the cockpit crew in a 737-700, and I must say the dimensions of Ifly are more accurate, it seems the front cockpit windows in the NGX are a bit too big. I think Microsoft got the VC dimensions the most correct. I merge the 738 with the default 737 VC and use Ifly gauges.

Same PMDG runs better for me. I'm using a fairly good machine though so I wouldn't know if I would notice... Macbook Pro - Bootcamp - 1gb vram - 16gb ram - 256gb SSD. I run PMDG at about 20-40fps. With LatinVFR KSAN.Sorry not 1GB just checked it's 768mb and 8gb ram on my laptop...

Edited by maple-syrup

both are great to fly!  I find the new ifly 737 with the updated texture pack looks amazing in P3D/FSX with great fps.  I also have no problems or issues with the PMDG 737.