Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Garmin GNS430/530 - exciting news!

We are not releasing this at Oshkosh.

Our statement regarding 'after Oshkosh' is because we attend it every year and thus will be absent for a week.  Upon return we will begin the process of setting up the 430/530 as an FSX/Prepar3D product.

There is no beta test period expected, for those who might be wondering.  The product is already in use for training in hundreds of Redbird sims.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Awesome, just trying to get an idea of time without asking THAT question

Will they be also making a G1000 as well? I would love to have a fully simulated working g1000 gauge that I can put into my aircrafts. So far I've only seen 430/530.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Im worried about intergation into VC's of payware airplanes, will anything happen along those lines?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Oh it's only for default FSX planes only? I was hoping it could be placed into any aircraft. That's a shame.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Oh it's only for default FSX planes only? I was hoping it could be placed into any aircraft. That's a shame.

No it will be able to go into other aircraft

Integration into a VC is based on how well the VC is modeled.  The gauges are sized like the real ones, so if they model's accurate, it should fit.  As for a G1000, Mindstar offers a G1000.  It has for years.

This is not 'only for default FSX planes'.  I have no idea where you got that from.

As for Paypal... we're aware of the desire for that avenue and are looking into it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Integration into a VC is based on how well the VC is modeled. The gauges are sized like the real ones, so if they model's accurate, it should fit. As for a G1000, Mindstar offers a G1000. It has for years.

This is not 'only for default FSX planes'. I have no idea where you got that from.

As for Paypal... we're aware of the desire for that avenue and are looking into it.

Hey Ed,

Any updates? I see its on the Facebook page now.

Lee

*Note* again not asking THAT question, please don't take it that way.

You know the question with the word that starts with "R"

Things are progressing forward, that's about all you're going to get for an update at this point in time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That's fine by me, thanks

As a further update, at this point we're going to start setting up for beta testing.  Now, I know EVERYONE wants in on that... but... we're really looking for exactly one person at this time.  Anyone absolutely crazy enough to go there?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

*raises hand* why the heck not  B)

if real world experience with the GNS4/530s and the G1000 (on a side note) is of any relevance i'm happy to oblige 

Question for Ed Wilson:  Is it possible at this time to interface my USB Garmin 430W module from Elite with your Grmin 430-530 onscreen display?  I could find nothing on Elite's website that hints at that capability or the availability of a patch or utility from them to integrate your product with theirs.  I am running Elite v8.6 with all the updates on a Windows XP machine.  My flight controls are all Elite serial port, with the exception of the Garmin 430W model which is USB.  It all works well with FSX, and everything works just fine with Prepar3d version 1, with the exception of the Garmin 430W module.

On a related topic, aside from SIDs and STARs, is the rest of the database in your product the same as FSX (Garmin's trainer?) or is it ALL NAVSTAR data?  Thanks in advaance!  Jim Hand

We have nothing to do with Elite, to be honest. In that respect, I couldn't possibly tell you if it can work with Elite hardware or not. I can also tell you that at no point will Mindstar Aviation consider working with Elite at this time to deal with any issues you may discover.

If you do not purchase a subscription from RealNav, then 100% of the database is from FSX. If you purchase a subscription from RealNav, then 100% of the database is from RealNav and not from FSX. I do not know what NAVSTAR is, so couldn't comment.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69