Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dazkent

Flickerling fences and runway lights issue

Hello

Hope someone out there can put me out of my misery with a problem I have with FSX. I have two issues that may be related, both seem worse with add on scenery rather than the default airports.

The first problem I have is that I suffer with really bad flickering but only on fences and lamp posts especially with both of the  2 add ons airports I have purchased, (UK2000 Gatwick and Luton). I have tried various configurations of AA and AF both via the CCC and in FSX itself but with no luck, I cannot enable AA in FSX directly as I suffer continuous flashing black screens, tried a reinstall with no luck. The fence problem is not so noticeable at night, My CFG config file has been modified the bojote tweaking tool but I have tried an unmodified one with the same results.

The second problem I have is that I suffer with flickering runway lights when they get to be a certain distance away from the runway I did think that maybe it was due to my aged PC and ATI 4870 card but the stock airports are fine and i get a good 25-35 FPS.

any ideas?

Many thanks

Darran

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!