I about to be given  a LG 32"LD450 tv .which I would like to try as a monitor for P3d ,my graphic card is a asus nvidia 570 ,will this card be man enough for  this screen ,and will the lg screen be Ok for use as a monitor ,ideally I would like to use this monitor as the main monitor and my 24" hp as a 2nd monitor ,any problems any one can see or i should watch  out for ?

peter

Depends on the resolution of the tv, its not the size which will tax GPUs but the resolution that they must create. But knowing that your TV is only 1080p which gives you a max resolution of 1920x1080. I don't see any issues with running two monitors from a 570.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Thanks for your reply  ,I did not really want the hassle of disconnecting  my monitors , as I  know nothing about tv,s and  wasn't sure it would work

peter

Just an update ,it took me a bit more work than i expected to set up and get the tv working correctly ,but now It is simply amazing ,just wish I had done it years ago ,it looks every bit as good as my 24" monitor to my eyes ,no loss of sharpness that I can see ,and I still get 30Fps ,"Brilliant" ,wonder what a 42" looks like ?

peter

42" will simply be larger as it will be the same resolution so you wont lose FPS. Glad its enhancing your experience so much.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

A great way to get into high-definition entertainment, the affordable 32-inch LG 32LD450 LCD HDTV offers 1080p Full HD resolution for crystal-clear detail, multiple AV Modes to optimize the picture depending on what you're watching (Cinema, Sports, or Games), and an amazing 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for more stunning colors and deeper blacks. Other features include a 4ms (millisecond) response time, capability to play MP3 audio files and JPEG photo slideshows from a USB drive, stereo speakers with 20 watts of power and Dolby Digital decoding, and three HDMI inputs.

• Screen size: 32-inch class (31.5 inches diagonal)
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p Full HD)
  • Dynamic contrast ratio: 100,000:1
  • Viewing angle: 178 degrees horizontal/vertical
  • Response time: 4ms
  • Built-in tuner: ATSC/NTSC/Clear QAM
  • Audio output: 20 watts (10W x 2)
  • Speaker system: 2-way, 4 speakers
  • Dolby Digital decoder: Yes
  • Surround system: Infinite Sound
  • Input labeling: Yes
  • Swivel stand: ±20 degrees
  • HDMI (version 1.3, HDCP): 1 rear, 1 side
  • Component: 1 rear