Sign in to follow this  
FSXHD

VATSIM hacked by Anonymous?

Looks like the forums are redirecting back to the home page now.

Hi, we are experiencing some techincal problems. 

In the meanwhile you will be redirected to the main VATSIM webpage. click here.

I guess they are working on it quickly considering the minor errors in English.

Oh my ######ING GOD. I can't believe this. I mean, seriously. WHY VATSIM? Out of all the services in the world. Go hack NSA! Usually, Anonymous targets government organizations for a REASON. But hacking a non-profit for fun? ###### off.

Everyone, report that guy to Twitter, please.

Edited by linux731

This just reminded me of when "Anonymous" hacked the playstation servers or whatever it was (It had to do with Sony tho)

Sounds like a wannabe who got banned from the network and now he's feeling some kind of way.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Yeah, I doubt it's the same "Anonymous"....that's probably a pretty common name as hacker names go lol

Yeah I guess this wasn't the same Anonymous that attacked all those high level sites...

If it was then that's really pathetic, attacking relatively small innocent non profit organization like Vatsim. But yeah more likely hacked by someone who got banned from there. 

Shocking, really.

Can't understand the mentality of some of these guys.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

When I tried to log in to Vatsim forum via Tapatalk I got the message; "We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forgive. Do not forget us.".

What a bunch of sorry ...

23.png

I was mentoring a tower student last night when all of this happened, however, online flying and voice/text communication were not affected.  I think Tom is right that its most likely some disgruntled former member.  Hopefully no damage to the forum data has taken place.  I am sure they will be back up shortly.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Probably just a wannabe hacker...He's fallen into the wrong kind of thing! The world isn't so forgiving for hackers anymore, you can't get away with it as easy as you could 10-15 years ago. Without a doubt he will be found out one way or another.

People like this make me sick, although it amuses me in another way, because - whatever he might have done to get himself banned in the first place proves that he can't take s### by hacking into a well respected network.

Remember that Anonymous isn't a coherent organisation by its very nature, anyone can use its name and this guy looks like they've done it to look cooler than they are.

BTW expect them to have your passwords for that site so change any you use on others.

Has anyone tried online flying?

Yes, no problems with online flying

Its pretty cool, although I haven't flown online for ages due to me messing up fsinn's installs, and SB doesn't work with windows 7 (AFAIK).

Controlling is pretty cool also, but can be pretty boring if you have no traffic.

EDIT - SB does work with W7, its just pretty complicated to install also IMO

Edited by flyingnoob

On the SB4 note, I run it networked on a Win7 laptop, works like a charm, steady as a rock. Do yourselves a favour, move FSInn / SB out from your FSX rig and go networked, super smooth!

23.png

I don't have any other option but to try run it on my rig - strangely I got fsinn to run once, but another issue cropped up, and I couldn't get it re-installed without getting dll errors, which resulted in yet more installs - particularly my md11, - so I didn't bother.

I am not the greatest at following instructions when reading stuff I do not understand anything about :) I would like to try get back into it, as I don't use any AI traffic at all.