Sign in to follow this  
FBC57

PFPX is coming. Perfect for NGX!

Of course you can put it on your ipad in PDF format for instance. However how are you going to fill in the actual figures for fuel burn off, ATO, etc (A).

I think it's possible to make notes at pdf documents with appropriate software (not sure if thats available at iPad?)

I think it's possible to make notes at pdf documents with appropriate software (not sure if thats available at iPad?)

Then that would be a decent solution.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

And come on guys, cut them some slack. If you have followed the progress you'll see that they had to wait for incorporation of Navigraph and all sorts of needed input.

Amen.   Quality takes time, and it looks like they are really making sure they are compatible with the full breadth of addons out there.  This is no easy task, the logistics of it all must be a nightmare, and I'd rather wait for them to make sure they get everything correct so that we can have as pleasant an experience as possible.  

I wonder what 'large aircraft database' means.  While I have the NGX, I don't fly it much.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Adobe also allows you to write on pdf documents as well.

I use 3 programs for simming a lot. Firstly, if I have documents or charts or whatever, I usually print screen them, open up photoshop and then adjust the size, etc.

After that, I save them out as pdf documents and then save them to my dropbox.

Open up dropbox on the ipad and Voila!

I also use OzRunways (because I predominantly fly the Australian and New Zealand routes with my NGX) and it has dropbox integration now, so I have a beautiful moving map, all the info and dropbox as well for my charts, etc.

This system, together with PFPX will have me in heaven.......or close enough!

Frank Cooper

I think that the "aircraft database" is the thing that will make or break PFPX.

At launch, mainly Boeing and Airbus aircraft (plus MD11) are catered for. It will then be up to the users to create profiles for other aircrafts.

If NGX profiles are added to Topcat, then NGX pilots will be extremely happy with PFPX+TOPCAT combo. If you happen to fly other aircrafts like Embraers or the new Majestic, then things might not be so rosy.

If you can export winds to the FMC,that would be great.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Hi,

If you can export winds to the FMC,that would be great.

As far as I know that is not a function that the FMC (at least of the MD-11, and probably the B737) can do. Yes you can enter wind, but you can not import it. You probably have to do that manually.

xxJohnxx, on 19 Jul 2013 - 6:17 PM, said:

Hi,

As far as I know that is not a function that the FMC (at least of the MD-11, and probably the B737) can do. Yes you can enter wind, but you can not import it. You probably have to do that manually.

737NG FCOM 11.33.4:

Data can be uplinked from the airline dispatcher directly to the FMC. The uplinks

are annunciated to the crew by the FMC alert lights. The uplink is identified by a

CDU scratchpad message.

PERF INIT uplinks are available only on the ground and after an origin airport has

been entered on the RTE page.

RTE DATA cruise winds are available whennot in descent and a cruise altitude

and a flight plan route exist.

DES FORECASTS winds are available if a cruise altitude exists.

I'm not sure is it modeled in PMDG NGX?

Since, PFPX is basically a "dispatcher simulator", it would be a nice touch to enable uplinks.

The PFPX home page says it will be available mid to Late August. At last, an end date.

For those that don't know what PFPX is, find out, it's going to be one of the best add-ons for any airliner, but especially the NGX!!!!

Frank Cooper

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Finally after a month of silence on the PFPX forums.

I cant wait for this one.

I use 3 programs for simming a lot. Firstly, if I have documents or charts or whatever, I usually print screen them, open up photoshop and then adjust the size, etc.

After that, I save them out as pdf documents and then save them to my dropbox.

Open up dropbox on the ipad and Voila!

I also use OzRunways (because I predominantly fly the Australian and New Zealand routes with my NGX) and it has dropbox integration now, so I have a beautiful moving map, all the info and dropbox as well for my charts, etc.

This system, together with PFPX will have me in heaven.......or close enough!

Frank Cooper

Did you buy the yearly subscription ?