Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

FSX getting huge, it is alive and well! New scenery amazing! Blueskyscenery.....

Just want to start a thread on the new freeware and pay ware products coming out for FSX.

I read some comments in regards to the Level D 757 (which looks like us coming out this year) where some naysayers were saying that flight simulation was dead. I think they are totally wrong!

Blueskyscenery has over 50GB of (100GB more like it) of quality photoreal scenery available for download (donations please folks).

I hear Adelaide YPAD is in development, I downloaded freeware LIRF and LIMC, something that wasn't available in 2012.....

Soon almost every airport will be covered by freeware and/or payware. I am proud to say that I have financially contributed to payware sceneries. This is a great hobby!

I'm just wondering if some of my fellow simmers would write a couple lines sharing some new scenery freeware or payware........

Thanks to Gottfried for his brilliant work at Blueskyscenery.

Does anyone have photoreal Switzerland? That has been on top of my shopping list for a while ow. I admit though that I drool over FTX AU (full)..... It took years to make that. Now all I'd like is some city packs like US Cities X for Australia and for about 20 famous landmarks to be done in photoreal accurate sharp detail. For example, the Bungle Bungles in Western Australia. A mining pack could also be done where all mines could be done in detail as well. We have a lot of FIFO in Australia and some airports were built specifically for mining operations.

I'd love to see Kakadu National Park done in all its glory. There are some stunning mountain (ok Australia doesn't have mountains!) scenery in the outback of Australia where you would need to search out some awesome views. Some or all are not near the main highway....

Wolf Creek Crater..... Lake Argyle...... I'm sure other states ave some landmarks, worth noting.

I'd love to see Kakadu National Park done in all its glory. There are some stunning mountain (ok Australia doesn't have mountains!) scenery in the outback of Australia where you would need to search out some awesome views. Some or all are not near the main highway....

You not heard of Orbx ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Does anyone have photoreal Switzerland? That has been on top of my shopping list for a while ow. I admit though that I drool over FTX AU (full)..... It took years to make that. Now all I'd like is some city packs like US Cities X for Australia and for about 20 famous landmarks to be done in photoreal accurate sharp detail. For example, the Bungle Bungles in Western Australia. A mining pack could also be done where all mines could be done in detail as well. We have a lot of FIFO in Australia and some airports were built specifically for mining operations.

Posted Today, 05:22 PM
IAF747, on 18 Jul 2013 - 5:09 PM, said:

You not heard of Orbx ?

Maybe you should read what I wrote first. Do you see FTX AU where I wrote it? 

Whatever

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Now now ladies....

Agree that it's turning out to be a bumper year for the hobby, although if the Level D 757 turns up this year I'll buy everyone on the forum a copy. And a round of beers. And go talk to the fairies at the bottom of the garden! I'd LOVE it to be true but all we've seen is a screenie of part of the panel, and that was about 4 years ago. 

Now now ladies....

Agree that it's turning out to be a bumper year for the hobby, although if the Level D 757 turns up this year I'll buy everyone on the forum a copy. And a round of beers. And go talk to the fairies at the bottom of the garden! I'd LOVE it to be true but all we've seen is a screenie of part of the panel, and that was about 4 years ago. 

Benny is it?

If it is released this year you can buy me a copy! My hand is UP!!!! I have the 767 by Level D what an awesome aircraft they made, so realistic! (I have spent time on the FD, and not just cruise...)

Does anyone have photoreal Switzerland?

Do you mean Switzerland Pro X? In that case, I can say I like it (although some might say it looks like "broccoli"). The mountains looks absolutely awesome IMO, and I have never had any problems with it, performance wise.

I agree with you on Gottfried's work, and I thank him very much for giving his efforts to the community for free. BlueSkyScenery is simply fantastic!

Regarding sharing new freeware sceneries: I always enjoy browsing Avsim.su, they have some real treasures, especially for Russian airports, and the number of tose has grown in the last few months. I really liked the Moscow Sheremetyevo and Kiyv Borispyl airports, particularly the second one is top notch, I'd even say payware quality. 

Do you mean Switzerland Pro X? In that case, I can say I like it (although some might say it looks like "broccoli"). The mountains looks absolutely awesome IMO, and I have never had any problems with it, performance wise.

I agree with you on Gottfried's work, and I thank him very much for giving his efforts to the community for free. BlueSkyScenery is simply fantastic!

Regarding sharing new freeware sceneries: I always enjoy browsing Avsim.su, they have some real treasures, especially for Russian airports, and the number of tose has grown in the last few months. I really liked the Moscow Sheremetyevo and Kiyv Borispyl airports, particularly the second one is top notch, I'd even say payware quality. 

Yes, the Aerosoft/Flylogic one. That is it. 

I've always assumed w/o autogen in the right places photoreal was not a good thing.  What happens w/ autogen in BSS?

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I can't really talk about that, Noel, because I mainly use BSS for Nevada, and there's not really that much autogen needed, as it's a very much desert-like area, and for Las Vegas itself, I have Aerosoft's US Cities Las Vegas on top of it, so the lack of autogen doesn't come into effect here.

Besides I think I saw autogen in some of the newer areas around LA(I might be wrong, though).

I've always assumed w/o autogen in the right places photoreal was not a good thing.  What happens w/ autogen in BSS?

No auto-gen appears.

No auto-gen appears.

I have autogen with BSS in many places, including LA, Vegas, Salt Lake etc

Jay

Flylogic Switzerland is nice, very nice, expensive, large HDD size but worth it.

Got mine from ebay for £30, they come up now and again, not sure id pay £100 for it but i suspect there are some licence fee's in there somewhere.

From the few Orbix shors ive seen theres looks ok ... but Flylogic's is photo real and you get the whole of Switzerland, add Austria Pro as well and you have some ice areas to fly from, too or over, add Opus weather and on the right days you'll be in for some nice views.

Rich

I'll throw one in....Spain has photoscenery for FSX and its all free!! Some of Italy too......

I have autogen with BSS in many places, including LA, Vegas, Salt Lake etc

Such as trees and neighborhood houses? I am not talking about landmarks and airport structures.