Sign in to follow this  
nckheinrich

Changing what the FO does

So I'm sure I'll find most of this out when the trial finishes the download but from the video I just watched on the Majestic q400 the FO did everything... This is unrealistic and doesn't even follow the flows and checklists Majestic provides. Is there a way to change this?

So I'm sure I'll find most of this out when the trial finishes the download but from the video I just watched on the Majestic q400 the FO did everything... This is unrealistic and doesn't even follow the flows and checklists Majestic provides. Is there a way to change this?

Yup, and that is the whole point....you are not "stuck" with someone else's version of the Flows or SOP's you want to follow, you can create your own, and even your own checklists. As an example, the video skips a few checklists...that is no problem, the Voice program will not crash or lock up or have a fit, you are in complete control.

Changing the Flows or Checklists is as simple as editing a text file or using the included Voxscript tool, really easy.

Is there a way to change this?

Go to <Command> tab of the user interface.

Click <Voxscript> button.

A list of various voice commands that trigger various scripts will appear.

First, you can change the trigger sentence if you wish by simply renaming the script. No need to memorize other people's sentences

Next, select a specific trigger sentence to see what it does.

On the <Script properties> screen you can switch option "Verbose" OFF, should you want the FO to perform all actions silently.

Next click <Edit voice commands> (bottom left> and you will see a list of all actions performed by FO when the script is triggered.

It's a matter of adding thnigs you want him to do, and removing things you think should be part of captain flow. That way you can have the perfect flow for every airline in the world.

You can do the same with checklist. If you are a real world airline pilot and would like to rehearse the checklist at home, simply edit the supplied checklist to match what you use with your airline and off you go.