Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Treescapes

No but I can recommend ES Isle of Man awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

If you own the VFR photoreal sceneries they belong to, it might be a nice addition. I think Treescapes is a bit overpriced... and I don't really like photoreal anyway. But if you dig photoreal and have the right sceneries, Treescapes isn't bad, so I've heard. But I wouldn't spend a dime on it.

Treescapes transforms the GenX photo scenery - trees are correctly placed, with density controlled by the autogen slider. Not just a nice addition, but a game-changer. No good with default scenery, only GenX or Just Flight photographic.

Rob.

Rob Jones.

Treescapes transforms the GenX photo scenery - trees are correctly placed, with density controlled by the autogen slider. Not just a nice addition, but a game-changer. No good with default scenery, only GenX or Just Flight photographic.

Rob.

Thanks Rob. Yes I have Justflight photographic. 

Do you own it Rob?

Thanks! I don't do a lot of VFR flying. I believe it is one of the sharpest sceneries out.

Warning! ...... there are two very similarly titled series of addons of UK photoscenery available; Horizon GenX VFR Photoreal, and Just Flight UK VFR Real Scenery.

The Treescapes packages, are designed for the Horizon series, not the Just Flight packages.

Just thought it worth clarify that.

The Treescapes installer makes lots of references to the Horizon installaions, so I really don't think they'll work with the Just Flight RealScenery VFR packages.

But for people with the Horizon GenX VFR scenery, I hugely recommend Treescapes. Makes a huge difference. (I use them all, and love them; what they do for photoscenery is way above and beyond just trees)

Thanks Mr Q400......

There is a work around and while I haven't seen testimonies I know that it will work with Justflight. I think on the Earthsimulation web site there is a step by step guide how to do that workaround. Kind of them.

Did it decrease performance? Did you notice or did you install it with the photoscenery?

Hi

I've just copied this from the ES helpdesk . 

Treescapes uk is designed primarily to work with Gen X which we sell, but that's not to say that it can't be made to work with Justflights VFR Real scenery. There is indeed a work around but this will require some manual work on your part. First purchase Treescapes for the areas of the country you are interested in, download using ESI (Earth Simulations installer which is freely available here:

As part of the download process ESI will  "Attempt" to install the scenery but because it is programmed to install into Generation X this will fail, Please allow it to fail. The most important part of downloading the files to your system will still happen. When everything is completed you will then be able to carry on with the steps below.

Please undertake the following actions one step at a time!

1. Locate the Earthsimulations/TreescapesUK folder. Inside you should see Treescapes_UK_vol1.exe file.
Please run this file to extract the autogen files needed. After the files have been extracted the a dos window will be opened, just close this window.
In the Earthsimulations/TreescapesUK folder you will now see there is a new folder simply called Volume 1.
Within the newly created Volume 1 folder there are 3 further folders called areas 1,2 and 3.
2. Enter the area 1 folder where you will find yet another folder called 2.4m folder.Finally inside the 2.4m folder there is a last folder called Texture that contains all the *.AGN files (autogen) that we need.
3. Copy the texture folder to your Justflight photoscenery folders, the exact location of your Justflight photoscenery will vary depending on your setup. However the aim is to now paste the copied texture folder so that it resides adjacent to the "Scenery" folder that currently contains your photoscenery.bgl's. You need to copy it in this manner to each volume of Justflight scenery that you own.
4. Repeat action 2 and 3 for the area 2 and area 3 folders. Repeat actions 1 through to 4 for the remaining Volumes 2 and 3 folders.

These actions will ensure that you have all the autogen files located correctly and your scenery should now show trees. Yay!

TreeScapes is fantastic, and the Engand and Wales versions (GenX Volumes 1-3) will soon be even better because ES are upgrading the trees to the versions seen in the VFR Scotland packages (more variety, and more accurately sized). TreeScapes makes a HUGE difference to the photoscenery. It gives a much more "3D" feel to the landscape, and it also looks nice!

Highly recommended.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks Mr Q400......

There is a work around and while I haven't seen testimonies I know that it will work with Justflight. I think on the Earthsimulation web site there is a step by step guide how to do that workaround. Kind of them.

Did it decrease performance? Did you notice or did you install it with the photoscenery?

Oh that's cool ....... excellent that Just Flight Scenery users can get it on the Treescape action too. :smile:

On my system it has a small performance hit - about the same difference as that between having no autogen, then turning it to sparse.

+100000

I have a preview copy of this and it's probably the best scenery of anywhere in the UK. A pal of mine (Flybe Q400 skipper who lived there for a year) had a peek around it and was astonished at how good it was.

Agree with everything everyone has already said, it looks terrific and really adds a lot to the photographic scenery but by golly it's expensive for what it is! Personally, it's pretty low down my list of "purchasing priorities" because of this.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg