Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Runway info gauge

I have been trying to get the Runway Info Guage to work on a few of my panels. When I click on the switch I just get a small box (in the backgound that say "dialog". I have installed the runway and airport data in the same folder as the fs9.cfg file (documents and settingsusernameapplication datamicrosoftfs9) among other folders to try to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated!

TVA-Forum-Sig-Block-DAN_sm.jpg

put your "RwyInfo.gau" in the FS9 Gauge Folder.Everything else for the program is located in my FS9 archive folder where I downloaded it and it works perfectly. I don't think it makes any difference where everything else is located.Then be sure you have a line item in your panel.cfg for each plane as follows: Edit the number "37" to be your next gauge number and arrange the other numbers for the size and location you want for the Icon on your panel.gauge37=RwyInfo!V1, 461,343,41,13Hope this helps.RTH

Thanks for the reply. I had the Runway info gauge in the gauges folder already and have the data files plastered all over the place to find something that will work. I still get a "Create Dialog, error x715" message box that pops up behind the panel and locks up Flight Simulator until I close it. I have no idea what to try next.Thanks again for your input.Dan

Guest Edam

Try placing prwydata.txt and pnavdata.txt in the main FS9 folder.

Guest Jetfan

1. Must have VB5 runtime files installed.2. RwyInfoGauge program to 'program files'.3. RwyInfo gauge to Main FS9 'gauges' folder.4. Prwydata.txt and Pnavdata.txt to Main FS9 folder.BTW... the prwydata.txt files are editable with notepad if you want to add some other information to your favorite airports, such as: ATIS freqs, ELEV..or correct erroneous data, etc. Makes the rwyinfo gauge that much more valuable.Cheers,Bob

I too am having no luck at all with this gauge. I have everything installed in the right places, with the exception of what Bob calls RwyInfoGauge program. I'm not at all sure what you mean by that. I have a feeling that I got this programme to work with FS2000, but it just doesn't seem to like my FS9. Further help would be much appreciated, please.Jock.

I just installed VB5 but it still does not work. I give up! Would have been a nice utility. Good luck with it Jock.

I've just removed the gauge from the panels I had it installed in. I know it is supposed to work in FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004 . . . but I wonder!! Shame, isn't it.Jock

Guest av84fun

I'm jsut curious. What info would you want that you can't access from the gps?Regards,Jim

Guest Jetfan

Jock,The RunwayInfoGauge 'program' is just the RwyInfo.exe file. If this is installed according to instructions (program files), whenever you click the 'rwy info' gauge on your panel, it operates this .exe file and searches for the prwydata.txt and pnavdata.txt files.Hope this helps,Cheers,Bob

>Thanks for the reply. I had the Runway info gauge in the>gauges folder already and have the data files plastered all>over the place to find something that will work. I still get a>"Create Dialog, error x715" message box that pops up behind>the panel and locks up Flight Simulator until I close it. I>have no idea what to try next.>>Thanks again for your input.>>DanThe Runway info gauge was made for FS2000.It seems to work in FS2004, but only in windowed mode.In full screen mode, depending on your video card it may open behind the FS9 window or crash FS9.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

All ILS frequencies that are found in the Runway gauge. If they're there, I don't know how to access them.

Guest av84fun

Stan, all the ILS freqs are available from the gps. I'd have to have it in front of me to give you a step-by-step way to get to the correct page and will post it later. In the meantime, you might want to go to the garmin website and DL their free gps simulator.Regards,Jim

Guest navman

From what i can gather, it is a DirectX issue. Not much u can do. Down to the author to correct. I think it is just fs9 issue. Hope this helps. Ciao