Sign in to follow this  
cwaterwo

Continuous Beeping in default F-18

G'Day,

I'm hoping the forum would be kind enough to help me sort an issue with a beep I can't isolate in the default FSX Acceleration F-18. It's only a new problem for me. i'm guessing it was after I installed a new addon plane.

I have searched the net to great lengths however nothing works. I thought is was the DME Ident beep however all the suggested fixes for that didn't work.

I'm now thinking it isn't actually the DME anyway because it's not a morse code type beep, just a monotone, continuous and loud beep. The tone can be heard from all views and is actually quite loud from the tower view. The tone does actually change pitch in flight based on direction of flight,(which leads back to DME or summit doesn't it ho hum).

I don't have the issue in any other aircraft, just the default f-18. Playing with all the switches, ensuring Nav radio was off, doing the CTRL +4, nothing.

If anyone knows the .wav file if there is one. I fear it might be a computer sound anyway. or maybe a cfg file to modify.

I'm sure reinstalling FSX would work, but that would mean the hundreds of planes i would have to reinstall too.

I would greatly appreciate help in resolving this.

Best Regards,

Chris

You might check the forum at FS DreamTeam, the developers of the VC and gauges for the F-18. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim,

I asked my question over at FS Dream Team and after a little wait I got a resolution to my issue.

The beeping is the Fuel Dump Warning. I have removed that wav file and the beep is gone. I'll investigate why it's coming on later.

Best Regards.