Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Is there anything better than FSRecorder ?

I wish to make video recordings for certain 737 flights,especially approaches and landings.

I played around with FSRecorder and noticed the follwing shortcomings:

No recording of the PFD and Nav display

No recording of  the CDU

No indication of flap settings

And much more.

Therefore I wonder if there is anything better than FSRecorder.

I tried to make a video of the computer screen with my video camera but the quality ist

somewhat poor.

The reason is to learn how to land,therfore I prefer a short recording of that process but with

every detail.

May be tere is a computer program which would do the trick.

Thank you for your help

Herbert Werni

Herbert Werni

Depending on the aircraft FSRecorder can work very well. If its something like the NGX though you will have to set a lot of the stuff up again in your replay, things like your flight plan, autopilot, auto brake arming, flaps sometimes on some models. If you do that before using Fraps or other screen capture software the FSrecorder will play it back.

There is an option when you record with FSRecorder to record extended data and also check boxes for a lot of the animations, make sure and check them all. If the aircraft does a lot outside of the default FSX engine via custom gauges then yes it can be a bit fiddly to get working properly.

I`ve been making FSX videos for a long time and I don`t know of anything better....it might have its flaws but it does a lot better job than the default replays.

Cheers Doogie

Does FS Recorder let you stop the flight and pick up flying from where you stopped it?  That'd be cool!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Does FS Recorder let you stop the flight and pick up flying from where you stopped it?  That'd be cool!

No,it does not and that is what I try to achieve.

I want to stop the flight about 15 miles before the airport,then save it and refly but only from

15 miles before the airport.All indications,PFD,ND,CDU,A/P,Autothrottle etc should be saved as

well.

The purpose is to learn how to land and avoiding to do the flight from scratch.

Herbert

Herbert Werni