Hi all

I was just wondering if I would get any framerate increase if I did any gpu tweaking.

I've never bothered adjusting the gpu settings from the basic that it loads

I currently have a GTX580 the GPU clock is 0782Mhz and the memory clock is showing 4008Mhz

the slide bars for these are both much less than halfway to maximum so I have a lot of room to increase the settings,but would I see any improvement?

Thanks for any advice as I have no idea what an increase would do to framerates or anything else.

rgds

Pete Little

Hey,

As far as I know, there is very little to gain from overclocking a card.

source - nicks tuning guide.

I am sure I read somewhere, that in some games maybe a 2-3(avg) fps increase.

If you do decide to try it anyway - evga's precision x is probably the most reliable, with heaven for benchmarking.

I tried clocking my 670, from 1006 to 1280(which was about 90 on top of the boost) although it gave me better benchmark scores with 3dmark11, there was no increase in fsx(that I noticed)

Some also recommend NOT clocking the memory as it could shorten the lifespan of memory chips in it.

Hope this helps.

My experience is similar to Paul's. Adjusting GPU clock did not significantly help my FSX performance or appearance. I got a few FPS and better anti-aliasing by upgrading my graphics card but the CPU on the computer is the main driver of FSX performance.