Sign in to follow this  
doorstep

VC-10?

I doubt it highly but the film is absolutely great, thanks for sharing! 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

++1 Many thanks for that too. Ah,what nostalgia remembering '71, just out of RAF apprenticeship. Little did I know I'd end up on a VC-10 Sqn and service these later at the then BOAC.

I ran across that video a couple of weeks ago. It is excellent. It's ashamed the subject of the video died the next year in a car accident. The VC-10 is one sharp looking plane that I saw several times at KJFK but I would forget about PMDG doing it.

Michael Cubine

They should better make an Il-62, which looks very similar to the VC-10 but is the much better airplane ;-)

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

Max, your putting the fat in the fire.  :rolleyes:  The VC-10 was the best ever airliner. The public loved flying in it as much as the crews loved flying it.  Second fastest after Concorde and the sounds of the Conways at full throttle with smoke coming from the engines is a sight to behold.

Landings were so easy deploying those 'barn doors', the last one I flew was by 'Addictive' but could only be flown in FSX during the daylight as no gauge illuminations :(

Please PMDG, you could do it?

Very nice video.<br /><br />Nostalgic about the few times I got to fly on this aircraft in the Middle East. It seemed to be all wing and lifted off the tarmac with ease even under the most extreme temps. Very smooth in cruise. Friend of mine flew right seat for Gulf Air on VC-10s before he transitioned to the TriStar. He loved the VC-10 despite its age. Anyway thanks for sharing.<br /><br />I have the Addictive Simulations VC-10. Kind of dated but I still enjoy it from time to time.<br /><br />Rob Mrofka