Sign in to follow this  
Ed Callan

overhead panels switch lighting

Hello All,

On my overhead upper and lower panels the switch/knob names are blurry and not lighted.  I have 3-D high res ticked on FSX settings.  I am running 32 bit, dual core 2.8, 4gb ram. This happens both on day/night time. 

thanx in advance

EC

Have you used the "texture manager" that the PMDG NGX comes with? You can choice between Normal and High resolution VC.

Sorry I cant find that texture manager.  I found High res and Low res in the NGXPerfman.exe.  I checked that High was in use but there was no difference....thanx

Ed

Sorry I cant seem to load photo

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/16-how-to-include-pictures-in-your-posts/

Check to make sure your video card is configured properly.

Check to make sure FSX is configured to use higher resolution.

Check to make sure your FSX.cfg* has the appropriate TextureMaxLoad value.

*If you don't know where to find this file: Google [your operating system version - Win 7 or XP] and FSX.cfg.

Kyle Rodgers

This is what  I have now TextureMaxLoad=3 ..... no other problems with video card and I have high res selected

EC

TextureMaxLoad=3

Should be 2048 of 4096.  That should fix it.

Kyle Rodgers

Should be 2048 of 4096.  That should fix it.

Actually, that's not correct, there are two parameters:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD and TextureMaxLoad, the first one should be "2048 or 4096", but the second one not.

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD and TextureMaxLoad, the first one should be "2048 or 4096", but the second one not.

Oh man!  Good catch!  Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

To be honest I noticed there are two similar lines accidentally while I edited my FSX.cfg, but I do not have an idea what's the purpose of TextureMaxLoad line, nor what value should be used. :smile:

Sorry for stating the obvious, but have you also selected. "high quality VC" in the fsx configuration menu?

THANX TO ALL!!!!!     problem solved....

I changed the FSX cfg this way: TextureMaxLoad under [Display] to 4096 and Texture_Max_Load under  [Graphics] was updated to 2048

thanx again for all support

Ed

To be honest I noticed there are two similar lines accidentally while I edited my FSX.cfg, but I do not have an idea what's the purpose of TextureMaxLoad line, nor what value should be used. :smile:

be interesting  to see also  what this value  actually  does

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg