Sign in to follow this  
p1muserfan

Fsdreamteam airport problem

I'm posting this here because Umberto over at the Fsdreamteam forums wasn't all that helpful. When I approach DFW, JFK or LAX, after the airport "loads" (that slight pause that everybody refers to) it displays vertically, like I'm flying in to a picture of it. The only way I can get the field to appear normally again is to switch to windowed mode. Anyone ever experience this and if they did how did you fix it?

Yes I have but it only occurs with the Qualitywings 757. To solve it I just go to World Time and Season from the menu and advance the time by about 5 minutes. This seems to force a refresh of some sort and the airport appears normal.

pumrigar

To solve it I just go to World Time and Season from the menu and advance the time by about 5 minutes

Thats a bummer, the fact that I "fix" my issue by going to windowed mode, I was hoping it was some tweak that either needs to be removed or added. Heck, I don't like the fact that Fsdreamteam's addon manager adds line to my config file either. But removing them didn't help...

Just to clarify, I dont think it has anything to do with FSDT. I have had this occur at other payware airports as well but only if I'm flying the Qualitywings 757 (one of my favorites btw). For me its a quick fix to just advance the time by 5 minutes (in full screen, I do not go to windowed mode). Probably something to do with my system.

I think it has to do with a fsx tweak in the fsx cfg. Darned if I remember witch one it is. Small object radius, or something like that.

Delete your fsx cfg, and apply any tweaks you have one by one till you find the culprit, tedious I know, but is the best way to troubleshoot.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I think it has to do with a tweak too, I found a bunch that were added by dreamteams add-on manager, very uncool in my book. I deleted what the add-on manager added to my config, but I'm missing one, im sure of it. The only tweak I use is

highmemfix, disable preload, and tbm=80.

I found a bunch that were added by dreamteams add-on manager, very uncool in my book.

Addon Manager only adds tweaks to your .cfg if you allow it to, it doesn't add anything to the .cfg by itself. The way it adds tweaks is when you open the Addon Manager while in FSX and then the button at the bottom of the Addon Manager UI called "Save to FSX". Unless you hit that button and just exit Addon Manager using the "Exit" button, nothing will be saved.

However, you can make changes to the section called "Addon Manager Tweaks- applied only to sceneries handled by the Addon Manager" which is the box/section on the bottom right of the Addon Manager UI and then just hit the "Exit" button and those tweaks will remain active for the rest of the FSX session, but wont add all the other tweaks or setting listed in the UI to your FSX.cfg.

You may be able to adjust the other settings as well and not hit "Save to FSX" and those settings will be active for the rest of the session but not be added to the .cfg. That part I would need to be clarified by Umberto as I can't remember for sure. The neat part of that is that you can test tweaks while FSX is active and then change them on the fly without having to restart FSX and/or manually add them to your .cfg.

I've been using Addon Manager with their sceneries for years and it has never just added tweaks to my .cfg unless I authorized it to do so by pressing the Save to FSX button. The tweaks it does show listed are just readings from what your current .cfg has when you started FSX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Heck, I don't like the fact that Fsdreamteam's addon manager adds line to my config file either. But removing them didn't help

if  you removed  the fsdt addon manager  which you shouldn't  since its needed  to run the  program,  have you tried  re installing  again the  standalone  add on manager

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yeah, I think the tweaks got added when I installed the new JFK and the installer told me afterwards that if I didn't want hd textures installed I would have to go into the add-on manager and change it, which I did, and when I clicked save to fsx and exit, it added those lines to my config? All that aside, still can't figure out what's causing

the airports I mentioned to go vertical after loading....