Sign in to follow this  
geezuz

traffic 360 vs ultimate traffic 2

In what way or ways is it better than UT2? Just curious

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

There are a few threads out there that directly compare the various options you have. Did you try the forum search? In case you didn't, these threads might helpful:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/398880-ultimate-traffic-2-my-traffic-x-trafficx-whats-your-favorite/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409236-best-ai-traffic-solution/

And also quoting myself from this thread:

Having had a bad experience (erformace-wise) with UT2, I use MTX exclusively on my computer, but be aware that this differs from system to system. As far as I know UT2 is sold by Flight1 via their wrapper system which gives you the oppportunuty to return it within 30 days with no questions asked, so that's a great plus for UT2, and I think that JustFlight's policy is quite similar (not so sure about that, though). Also keep in mind that there's no such thing as an "ultimate Ai traffic solution", you'll get as many opinions as there are users! And I agree with Suanru, there's loads of these topics already - more or less on a weekly basis -, so just go back a few pages or search the forums for "AI traffic". I usually try to provide a few links to recent similar, so I do now:

http://forum.avsim.n...-traffic-addon/

http://forum.avsim.n...mytraffic-2013/

http://forum.avsim.n...affic-software/

http://forum.avsim.n...-your-favorite/

I'd recommend to read through the replies in the above mentioned threads. Furthermore I think that UT2 has the usual Flight1 "30 day money back" option, if you buy it directly from Flight1, so trying that one first might not hurt.

In what way or ways is it better than UT2?

Are you referring to WOAI? WOAI is a) freeware, b) the models are great (unlike some MTX models) and c) you can download only the packages for  areas/airlines you're interested in, hence saving space on your hard-disc. The only real downside is that they're FS9-native, so the usual FSX restrictions (shaddows problem, not DX-10 compatible and the like) will apply.

Regards,

Flo

Well I think it's better because it's 100% free... It's slightly dated on the flight plans but I really just care more about the aircraft around me. Doesn't take very much HD space... And very easy to install. I have UT2 but I'm broke after buying most of the ORBX stuff... PMDG (All)... Captainsim 757... Citation Mustang so it was kind of a test to see if I really should buy the UT2 and in the end I did buy it but I liked World Of AI more.

Personally I like UT2 the best because it gives me full control over what airlines and models are flying, with it it's very easy to assign any AI model to any flightplan and also any ordinary AI flight plans and AI aircraft models can be used with UT2.

I see UT2 more as an AI management tool which requires you to do some work installing paints, more flightplans etc before having a good result, while Mytraffic and Traffic 360 are more like one step solutions, install and you are done (but the end result isn't as impressive as what you can do with UT2 is in my opinion).

I agree, in the end I do like the management tools available in UT2. I have had good luck with it and very few problems.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Another satisfied UT2 user here.  I set mine to 50% GA and 100% commercial traffic, plenty of aircraft in the skies and on the ground for me to enjoy flying in Florida and even in the Bahamas.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

UT2... for me hands down, and ive tried the others as well

14ppkc-6.png

I use ut2 as well but there are a large number of European airlines that are in the daedalus paint scheme.

That said its very easy to update the paints and add new aircraft types to ut2

People have also mentioned WOAI which is free and if you want to do custom flightplans for ai then there's aifp2 which is also free

There are a lot of very good models out there now designed for fsx instead of fs9 so have a look around before deciding but for me it's ut2 over mytraffic

Pete Little

How do I get rid of those Daedalus paints in UT2 and replace them with like United livery or something. The repaint section of UT2 is confusing to me, even after reading the manual. Could someone please show me or give me an example of how one would change the livery on a certain aircraft. Thanks.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

UT2 for me as well.

I love the GUI and customisation options. 

Aaron.  In the utilities section you will find a check box for the Daedalus paints.  Just uncheck and enjoy.

How do I get rid of those Daedalus paints in UT2 and replace them with like United livery or something

It depends if you are using a default UT2 model or if you have downloaded and installed another ai model  but basically go to UT2 weekly official then select the equipment type then the airline then across in the aircraft manufacturer select the manufacturer then the type then then variation ie the airline you want, once you have found it click add to assignments then save after removing the Daedalus assignment

So for example  I use the fruit stand a380 for airlines that UT2 does not have yet  so

equipment type would be a380  airline for example China Southern the manufacturer would be The fruit stand aircraft type would be A380  and the variation would be china southern

you do this for each model or Daedalus paint Remember that if your using one of the new ai models that you have them installed in the simobjects folder of fsx and that any paint schemes you want to add are already installed and show in the a/c cfg file before trying to add them in UT2

hope that makes sense once you have done a couple it only takes a few seconds to change a paint scheme from the Daedalus to the proper colours

rgds

Pete Little

How do I get rid of those Daedalus paints in UT2 and replace them with like United livery or something. The repaint section of UT2 is confusing to me, even after reading the manual. Could someone please show me or give me an example of how one would change the livery on a certain aircraft. Thanks.

There are two other tutorials floating around the Internet

• A Guide to Using the UT2 Power Pack to Insert Schedules and Change Liveries
  • Guide to installing AI Aircraft

Maybe they will be somewhat helpful.

As for me.. I'm currently attempting to learn the process.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem