Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

F12 View

Greetings!

I recently installed the Opus WE and in the process it hijacked my F12 key assignment.

It used to be a top-down view that when zoomed out really radically would show the Earth.

Now it shows my aircraft butt.

So, I deleted the Opus assignment and thought, well, maybe Top-down view is the one? Nope.

What is the control setting for the top-down view? I use it when I get "lost" and find out that the canyon I was supposed to follow was indeed, the wrong canyon.

Thank you!

JKH

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

For some reason, OpusFSX cameras have "hotkeyselect = 4" in their definitions. This is the same hotkey value as your topdown camera (see cameras.cfg in the same folder as fsx.cfg).

What might work is to edit cameras.cfg and change the top down camera to hotkey 5, then change the F12 keyboard control assignment (or edit standard.xml) to select camera 5. Supposedly there are 10 camera hotkeys but by default fsx only assigns 1 to 4. Anyway OpusFSX creates a camera definition in every aircraft.cfg, so it should be easier to change the top down camera hotkey instead of editing all the OpusFSX cameras.

Barry Friedman

For some reason, OpusFSX cameras have "hotkeyselect = 4" in their definitions. This is the same hotkey value as your topdown camera (see cameras.cfg in the same folder as fsx.cfg).

What might work is to edit cameras.cfg and change the top down camera to hotkey 5, then change the F12 keyboard control assignment (or edit standard.xml) to select camera 5. Supposedly there are 10 camera hotkeys but by default fsx only assigns 1 to 4. Anyway OpusFSX creates a camera definition in every aircraft.cfg, so it should be easier to change the top down camera hotkey instead of editing all the OpusFSX cameras.

While I understand the principle, the devil is in the details!

I will try this and report back.

Thanks, Barry.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "The OpusFSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Heya Barry, 

Worked like a charm! 

I do have to say that using an XML editor is tedious as hell, but it got the job done.

Thanks for the assist!

JKH

John Howell

Glad to hear it's working.  :good:

Regards,

Barry

Barry Friedman

We don't reassign any keys but we added an external view after top down so the view sequence has changed.

Use 'S' followed by 'Shift-A'. After that you only have to press Shift-S to get back to the VC and S again for the top down view. Alternatively you can create your own top down view in Live Camera and assign it to another key.

Cheryl

Cheryl, OpusFSX camera definition has "hotkeyselect = 4", that defines it as camera 4 which by default is selected by pressing F12. This overrides the selection of the default top down camera which is also camera 4. Is it necessary for OpusFSX to have a hotkey assignment?

Barry Friedman

It is not necessary for any specific hot keys, feel free to reassign it or assign any keys or joystick buttons of your choice. If you import camera views then they will use whatever keys and buttons were originally assigned so it is generally best to check each view and reassign your own preferred key or button.

Stephen

We don't put the hotkeyselect in our camera definition so i'm not sure where that came from

Strange, cause I didn't add it and it's there. When I'm back at my sim I'll try disable/enable live camera and see if it disappears.

Barry Friedman

Hi Barry

I can confirm that the  "hotkeyselect = 4" has wrongly crept into our OpusFSX_Custom_xxx.txt template files. I have corrected this and deleted the key select lines at the end of the text file. I will post the fix in the next Beta and in the next 3.20 release.

In the meantime can you edit all four of your OpusFSX_Custom_xxx.txt files and remove that line otherwise the erroneous key select will just get put back into the aircraft.cfg files. After editing, if you open the Cameras dialog the software will ammend all your cfg files using the corrected Custom text files.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for the report and investigation of the cause, most helpful.

Stephen :smile:

Thanks Stephen, fantastic support as usual. 

Barry Friedman

Thanks to Barry for the detective work - will amend my configuration files pronto!

John Howell