Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

F12 View

Hmmm. Apparently Opus does not like having its CUSTOM files changed - just fired it up for a flight and I am in DEMONSTRATION mode.

Do I have to rekey it or what?

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Editing the Custom text files should not have made any difference, they are not checked at all in the licensing. But you must only edit the four text files in your c:\OpusFSX install folder, I assume you have installed OpusFSX in its own folder and have not edited anything in the c:\Opus Software folder which should only contain licensing information and related files.

Stephen

Problem is fixed (as usual, a user error). Thanks Stephen and the rest of the Opus crew for the speedy support!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Strange, after doing the edit to those 4 files, whenever I hit F12 it takes me to EZDok Universal Cam. When i go to check my control keyboard assignments in FSX it reports that F12 is assigned to View 4, so I changed that to Top View, and when I hit F12, nothing happens.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That's an easy one to solve I believe. The EZCA Config utility should have been used to remove the EZCA CameraDefinitions from all the aircraft.cfg files. If you open one of these SimObject Aircraft files you will find the Camera Definition at the end of the file.

If you still have the utility then just run it and click Restore. If not you could always use Notepad to edit the aircraft.cfg files for the aircraft you use and delete the CameraDefinition entry at the end of the file.

That CameraDefinition will have the hot key select entry causing the problem.

Stephen

Problem is I have quite a lot of aircrafts. So if I run the EZCA Restore option, will it get rid of all my camera settings or just remove the F12 hot key assignment?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It should only remove the EZCA Universal Camera definitions nothing else. You should always run the Restore option to remove the EZCA camera definitions. Unless of course you want to do it all manually.

You can always just copy your Aircraft and Rotorcraft folders into Aircraft_Copy and Rotorcraft_Copy, that's what I always do. Then if something goes wrong with your aircraft.cfg files you have an easy way to repair then. I also then delete aircraft I no longer use or want FSX to load, that speeds up the loading time greatly.

Stephen

I see, okay I manually edit the aircraft cfg and change the universal hot key line to = nothing. But pressing F12 still doesn't bring a top down view. I even went an assigned the key directly to "Top View".  Appreciate your help!

It should work on your system if you get rid of the whole line. Also use the EZCA restore function to clear the files to FSX default settings. In our latest betas the hotkey assignment has been removed.

Cheryl