Sign in to follow this  
oups

Hardware MCDU

Hello all

I have returned the Opencockpits 747 MCDU... The product is sold almost plug'n play and compatible PMDG 747 and FSX but the required drivers and software are not proposed for download (I got a link after a week of discussion with the support dpt.). After sometime, you discover that it will not work with PMDG 747 under FSX (it seems to work only for the 737NGX)...

The other option (but I will wait for the refund) seems to be the VRINSIGHT MCDU II...  Can someone confirm?

Thanks in anticipation

Philippe

Philippe,

I've had the VRInsight CDUII and it is fully compatible.

Nice thing to have!

Regards,

Rick

Philippe,

I've had the VRInsight CDUII and it is fully compatible.

Nice thing to have!

Regards,

Rick

Hi Rick

Thanks for your confirmation and interest. Do you have any advice about the set up?; Note that I only use 2D cockpit and windowed mode (I cannot manage to have full screen on 5 monitors and moving undocked instruments:)

Regards

Philippe

Hello all

I have returned the Opencockpits 747 MCDU... The product is sold almost plug'n play and compatible PMDG 747 and FSX but the required drivers and software are not proposed for download (I got a link after a week of discussion with the support dpt.). After sometime, you discover that it will not work with PMDG 747 under FSX (it seems to work only for the 737NGX)...

i wasnt aware Opencockpits did a 747 CDU? I can only find the 737 one.

I have an Opencockpits 747 CDU and it does not work natively with PMDG 747-400X. There are plenty of forums with advice given that the 747 is not as "open" as the 737NGX and that rumours have it that PMDG will produce a V2 747 which has the same openness as the 737.

You can use the CDU with the 747 but it requires thinking outside the box.

Each key press needs to give focus to the MCDU "undocked" window and then produce the correct key.

This requires some programming skills on behalf of the builder to produce the correct code...

So far I have managed to get one or two keys working as I do not have a lot of time to complete the code required (I can only allow myself a couple of hours a week to my building..... :(

With any luck someone else may be able to complete this for us... :)

AlexB

Hello,

Is there a possibility the GoFlight modules that I have to use with any PMDG plane?
Like your response,

Sincerely Constant