Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Haven't Flown in over 3 weeks :(

with Summer here and an awesome Steam Sale going on, I haven't flown XP10 or my other sim P3D :ph34r:  in almost a month.  I have been busy with family, friends and some other amazing Sim/Games like the awesome: Train Simulator 2013, Euro Truck 2 1.41 update, Rise of Flight, OMSI Bus Sim, Aerosoft's Bus and Subway Sims, Farm Sims, Civilization 5, X3 Series, etc. etc. :lol:

anyone else on a Civilian Flight Sim vacation/depression/burnout?

I only occasionally fly anyway, maybe once/twice a month at most. Work commitments, family, progressing my cycling and tennis, finding the time to do a flight uninterrupted, well they all get in the way really. Guess it prevents me burning out.

Nope,still chugging away :) Twin Otter getting my attention on getting back to basics flying instead of the

usual tubeliners.

We've had 23 c temps here (hot for Ireland) and some bbq's but still getting ~ 1 hr/dayflying in.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Yeah im having a bit of a break from flying atm,  I think once the products im waiting for are released I'll be hammering the sim again!

Chris Howard

Yeah im having a bit of a break from flying atm,  I think once the products im waiting for are released I'll be hammering the sim again!

I can guess what that is ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

FTX GLOBAL will get me back to P3D :good:

Fly when I need to get sleepy it works most times better than sleeping pills lol. Fly, about 5 hours a week do short flights in ga planes and wiki the area I land to learn the area. Just go outside in the summer.

I can guess what that is ;)

:lol: You got it! That and the T7

FTX GLOBAL will get me back to P3D :good:

Yep, I done a fresh install of FSX, just the NGX and a few airports installed as I wait for FTXG :rolleyes:

Chris Howard

The AC in my train room is better than in my computer room, so I've spent more time workin' on the (model) railroad than on the simulator.

Wired up some frogs & tortoises this week, which only a model railroader will understand.

with Summer here and an awesome Steam Sale going on, I haven't flown XP10 or my other sim P3D :ph34r:  in almost a month.  I have been busy with family, friends and some other amazing Sim/Games like the awesome: Train Simulator 2013, Euro Truck 2 1.41 update, Rise of Flight, OMSI Bus Sim, Aerosoft's Bus and Subway Sims, Farm Sims, Civilization 5, X3 Series, etc. etc. :lol:

anyone else on a Civilian Flight Sim vacation/depression/burnout?

Nope...doing heavy instrument and navigation training, and staying out of the heat wave!  BTW, that Train Simulator sounds interesting. I have a version buried in the computer desk drawer, and have never installed in on my i7-975 system. Hmmm.......Hmmm..... :)

The AC in my train room is better than in my computer room, so I've spent more time workin' on the (model) railroad than on the simulator.

Wired up some frogs & tortoises this week, which only a model railroader will understand.

I had a friend who was seriously into the largest size segment of the hobby. What he did (and his wife allowed it?!?!?!?), was convert the entire downstairs rec room into a virtual world with garage sale/found old ping-ping tables of hand-built vistas, mountains, tunnels, actual flowing water rivers and waterfalls...all of it.  He sat in a corner of the room, like a command center, with black and white cameras feeding the entire three separate rail-lines spread out over those ping-pong/4x8 feet sheets of 3/4 ply, and did everything much to the delight of his friends and the neighborhood children. He had roundhouses that were fully controlled by him. It was AMAZING to watch what he could do. Oh..he also had an old garage-sale-again FX road-race game that was used to simulate car traffic throughout the 'towns' and mountain passes. I think he won an award for this effort.  Sadly, as we have lost other serious flight hobbyists, he past away a few years ago, and I lost contact with his wife after I moved from L.A.  Don't know what happened to the setup. I imagine that his wife sold, or donated it to others those past years ago. Thought I would share this...coffee makes me type...

I just reinstalled a sparse FSX setup with only the best of the best of what I have. 

PMDG, RealAir, Baytower Vans etc. 

Very few Sceneries, just large airports from Flytampa, FSDT and Flightbeam around the USA.  Waiting for FTX global actually

And DX-10(had to see what all the fuss was about)...seems promising.

My fiance is going to Hawaii for a week which will give me all the time I need to sim to my heart's content.

retired , fly 6 hrs a day between FSX and DCW a10c .mainly pmdg 737& JS41 but now the F1 mustang has me hooked until 777 or 747v2

ZORAN

It was AMAZING to watch what he could do.

Model trains have come a long way from the Lionels of my youth.  Locomotives have microprocessors and sound chips, and they are all individually controlled from a computerized throttle unit like a TV remote.  You run the trains now, not the track like we used to.  Some have sound chips on them, too, so you've got "all the bells and whistles" available to play with.

This is my photo gallery, showing mostly my own layout, if anyone is interested:

http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/8165

Model trains have come a long way from the Lionels of my youth. Locomotives have microprocessors and sound chips, and they are all individually controlled from a computerized throttle unit like a TV remote. You run the trains now, not the track like we used to. Some have sound chips on them, too, so you've got "all the bells and whistles" available to play with.

This is my photo gallery, showing mostly my own layout, if anyone is interested:

http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/8165

WOW...just visited your link! Man..has this hobby come a long way from what I remember of Phil's. He had the old throttles, that controlled juice from the transformers, He had electric levers that controlled switches for train routing, also, switches to activate various animated happenings such as the round houses, etc. I also forgot to mention that on all the walls, were painted murals of landscape into the distance that perfectly blended from beyond the scenery of the 4x8 plywood flat-land. I'd say that his setup for its day was of museum display quality. I'm not in the hobby, but can only tell you that his collective specialty (and what he scoured for...) was the largest scale format they every came out with. The locomotives had an oil well for 3-in-1 oil to produce smoke..and oh my...did they ever. After a demo, he had to open windows and exhaust it!~ This memory-lane reminisce was good for the soul. Rest in peace, Phil, "Keep your hand on the throttle, and your eyes down the line...until you arrive at the station!~" "I know that you arrived pal, for you were a good soul!"

Mitch'er

Winter here but we have been getting great weather....Haven't been flying because of the Steam Sale as well....Been playing Farm Sim 2013, Euro Truck Sim2, Train Sim 2013, Skyrim, Cities in Motion 2, Tropico4...

Sale has been awesome and exchange rates good right now. Sorry Flight Sim

Matthew Kane