Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Haven't Flown in over 3 weeks :(

Winter here but we have been getting great weather....Haven't been flying because of the Steam Sale as well....Been playing Farm Sim 2013, Euro Truck Sim2, Train Sim 2013, Skyrim, Cities in Motion 2, Tropico4...

Sale has been awesome and exchange rates good right now. Sorry Flight Sim

Out of curiosity, I saw what STEAM is offering for the train sim.  I can't get into it as well as F.S.  My wife has her limits, and she would absolutely kill me!  I have a strong survival instinct....

Here's the link,

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/

Winter here but we have been getting great weather....Haven't been flying because of the Steam Sale as well....Been playing Farm Sim 2013, Euro Truck Sim2, Train Sim 2013, Skyrim, Cities in Motion 2, Tropico4...

Sale has been awesome and exchange rates good right now. Sorry Flight Sim

an update to EuroTruck 2 was just released a few mins ago:  version 148

Out of curiosity, I saw what STEAM is offering for the train sim.  I can't get into it as well as F.S.  My wife has her limits, and she would absolutely kill me!  I have a strong survival instinct....

Here's the link,

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/

Well worth it, especially for that price, but don't worry it won't replace Flight Sim. By comparison Flight Sim has a thriving third part development community that has been providing content for decades now....Train sims come and go and are good fun for a while but we always go back to the Flight Sims

Matthew Kane

an update to EuroTruck 2 was just released a few mins ago:  version 148

Steam will just update it I guess....I notice it always seems to be updating my Farm Sim as well, I was surprised how many times Farm Sim gets updated.

Edit: Just turned my Steam on and it is updating my EuroTruck2 right away....Cheers

Matthew Kane

Been playing  Train Sim 2013,

Me too! Been doing the London to Brighton run in-between playing The Last of Us on PS3.

Chris Howard

No sim time in several weeks for the same reasons. I have been in the air three times IRL since June 1st, including this afternoon, riding with a friend. It got to 96F here this afternoon with only occasional cumulus clouds and at 5,500 ft under that sun it seemed just as hot.

If it is that hot here tomorrow I will be up in FSX. Will be too hot and humid to do outside work.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

anyone else on a Civilian Flight Sim vacation/depression/burnout?

I had a major sim burnout this past winter/early spring.   Quite simply, you can sometimes have too much of a good thing, and I guess I needed a change of scenery.   I've been intensely involved in this hobby almost daily since early 2008, so some time off was probably due.   I think I was also exhausted from recovering from a major virus attack on my pc in December, and taking two weeks to reinstall FSX and the OS from scratch took a lot out of me.  Thankfully, I did have backups on hand, but it was still a painstaking process.  Looking at my logbook, I didn't open FSX at all in January, March, and April, and only flew once in the months of February and May! 

That changed in early June, when I saw an Alaska Airlines 737-800 fly over my house on a beautiful day, as that inspired me to take the NGX out to see the great Pacific Northwest!   Check out my "diaries" in the Avsim screenshots forum, I now love doing write ups of my journeys in the NGX.

I will say that I don't fly as much as I used to, usually once a week, maybe because its summer and I want to be outside more, but in some ways it maybe boredom, as I only fly the NGX and in a way I feel I mastered it, or I'm tired of the same old same old.  I feel FSX has reached it's peak, as there are not too many new toys to excite me anymore, at least presently.   But that will change shortly, as I expect the PMDG 777 and, finally, the long awaited PFPX will get me glued to my captains chair after I return from a long 3 week vacation I will take to India next week!

Been playing Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light. 

Yes, blame Steam Summer Sales. :P

But FTX Global may take me back to FSX... 

Buy yourself  copies of VRS Superbug and TacPack for FSX. That will wake you from the summer doldrums.

Buy yourself  copies of VRS Superbug and TacPack for FSX. That will wake you from the summer doldrums.

i'm on P3D, the bug doesn't work :(

Yeah, I forgot. You must be the only person with P3d and XP10 and not FSX. It's probably not worth it, but you can find used copies of FSX Gold here there on the Internet for a reasonable price.

Yeah, I forgot. You must be the only person with P3d and XP10 and not FSX. It's probably not worth it, but you can find used copies of FSX Gold here there on the Internet for a reasonable price.

I own fsx also but P3D is much better on my pc

The Steam summer sale kicks &@($*! I bought ETS2. I've played the demo before, and I thought the graphics were AMAZING. In addition, the game was on sale, so perfect!

How do I know if my game is at its latest version? I bought it yesterday, so I'm not sure. BTW, what are you guys' Steam IDs? There should be an AVSIM Steam group!

Edited by linux731

with Summer here and an awesome Steam Sale going on,.........: Train Simulator 2013, .............

I once tried an old MS Train sim, it had a lot of bugs as I recall....was back in the Windows 98 days I think....

I looked at some of the link to train sim 2013? in this thread, seems there are some US routes featured. I recall a year or so ago there was an addon for some train sim that featured the route over Donner Pass in the Sierra Nevada, I never got that but might look at that again if I could find it....

I love summer way too much to stay inside too long each day simming..... and with work there's never much time left in the day....

Good thread, Bruce.