Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Virgin Australia & Qantas in Adelaide Incident

Yeh, only 260kg sloshing about in each tanks, you're talking 5-6 minutes fuel, if you're lucky. If you pitch up you're engine's flamed out... Not a happy position to be in...  :mellow:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Jeez, no matter how much I fly plane crashes still creep me out, especially when my aunt lives in Adelaide and shes coming to visit in a week or so.

The virgin jet was flown by a very senior Captain, word is he was truly scared but performed admirably.

Someone in the planning section got his rear end kicked.

The virgin jet was flown by a very senior Captain, word is he was truly scared but performed admirably.

Someone in the planning section got his rear end kicked.

Indeed, very admirable to let the jet with less endurance go ahead of you even when you yourself are low. He deserves a commendation.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Is  this  the  same incident  as last  months incident  with  another  virgin aircraft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Is  this  the  same incident  as last  months incident  with  another  virgin aircraft

Yes, it happened just over a month ago.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ah yes, I just read about this on the dispatcher forums.

1 degree temp/dew point spread and calm winds should have been a consideration, even though the fog wasn't technically forecasted. Glad everyone ended up in one piece. They didn't even have enough to go around! Yikes.

No HUGS for VA. Doubt it would've been helpful, other than providing marginally greater situational awareness.

VA crew are to be commended. Quite a polite thing to allow the QF crew through knowing their position, with respect to fuel. Something tells me the QF crew threw their weight around by declaring that fuel was an issue for them, instead of first declaring how much fuel they had on board, and how much time it equated to with FFR in tact.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

Happened in Perth either last year YPPH or 2011 when we had a storm where winds were not of a good runway direction. Had one aircraft do a go-around and I think he had one chance left......he made it.....just.

Here are the links to Virgin 697 that had one last attempt....you can listen to the ATC and there is even a video of the 738 making an aborted landing on RWY 06....which I know well.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/12699561/airliner-s-mid-air-drama-revealed/

http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-perth-blog/video-mid-air-drama-revealed/20120124-1qeyx.html

Yeh, only 260kg sloshing about in each tanks, you're talking 5-6 minutes fuel, if you're lucky. If you pitch up you're engine's flamed out... Not a happy position to be in... :mellow:

Regards,

Ró.

Ro,

What is the fuel burn of the A330-300? As far as I can remember it is something like 5.6 tonne an hour? What would be the 737-800 burn rate?

Daniel