Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GodAtum

Best 1080p short-throw projector?

What's the best value 1080p short-throw projector? The BenQ W1080ST looks quite good?

I will have 3 projecting onto a 180 degree 2m curved screen.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, but the w1080st may not be ST enough to have 3x work well....the throw ratio is 0.69

Have you tried using a projector on a curved surface before?

No I havent.

Yes, but the w1080st may not be ST enough to have 3x work well....the throw ratio is 0.69

Are there shorter 1080P ones?

No I havent.

Well the reason I ask is because I used to have a projector for my flight sim. I noticed that the projector, and probably most projectors, are designed to display on a flat surface. I noticed if I walked up to the screen and curved it by pulling on the edge a little, then the image would be out of focus at that edge.

I remember that some guy was working on a project where he was going to reflect the projector image off a curved mirror so it would display on a curved screen, but I'm not sure if he ever finished. If I find that website, I'll post the link.

Well the reason I ask is because I used to have a projector for my flight sim. I noticed that the projector, and probably most projectors, are designed to display on a flat surface. I noticed if I walked up to the screen and curved it by pulling on the edge a little, then the image would be out of focus at that edge.

I remember that some guy was working on a project where he was going to reflect the projector image off a curved mirror so it would display on a curved screen, but I'm not sure if he ever finished. If I find that website, I'll post the link.

google idome or work by paul bourke.

3 projectors is going to be expensive.

Do you guys think 1 1080p ST projector with one curve screen will work well? 

You can do about a ~120 degree FOV with FSX. I recently went to Flight Sim KL and flew on their one projector jetmax system -- not too bad at all.

OTv7ahL.jpg