Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiattie

PMDG 744 FSX black screen

Hi everyone.!

Ive been trying to accomplish a long flight with the 744X on FSX and so far unsuccessfully. It seems as if the aircraft has compatibility issues with FSX. On both occasions, FSX doesn't CTD, but instead, I get a black screen and nothing else shows up, I can hear sounds, if I press keyboard commands I do get responses, but everything is black.  I tried to exit from full screen and minimizing the sim, still black, I open the task manager, try to bring it to front, but i only get again the black screen and the sounds.  

I have to shut down FSX, restart it and in sometimes even have to restart my PC.

On the other hand, Ive flown more than 4 long flights with the NGX, and everything is ok (At least for 5 or 6 hours). But this is happening with the 744X.

Any suggestions?

I installed the copy of 744X about a month ago, downloaded it directly from the site (So I guess its the latest version).

I use an Nvidia GTX680 and the latest driver updated was performed two weeks ago (I believe its 320. something).

Using Windows 7 64.  SATA HD 250, 16 GB of RAM, Pentium I 3770K.

I appretiate your support...

PS.  I can hardly wait for the 744 V2    :)  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The fix for you would be to add UIAutomationCore.dll (page 17 of the guide below) to your root FSX installation folder.  Please download and read the FSX Hardware and Software Guide and follow it, you will experience uninterrupted flight from here on in. 

http://forum.avsim.net/files/get/cf8a2d09ee71646d289e1f721125ffae/58-Avsim%20Software

Another extremely crucial addition is added to your fsx.cfg which is also explained in Paul J's guide:

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Good luck.