Sign in to follow this  
jont

FAIB Airbus released!

Register at the Ultimate Traffic Forum and/or read the UT2 manual, and you will get plenty of help.   Replacing the model/paint of the aircraft type used in UT2 is actually very simple, it's just there is a lot of manual work involved.   You need to download the base model from FAIB, and the paint file.  Then, you put that file in your simobjects/Ai Aircraft folder.  You need to familiarize yourself with the folder structure of FSX, as it pertains to where AI aircraft are stored, etc.  But I guarantee you, if you like what you see and can put up with the extra effort, you could become addicted to replacing the stock UT2 models/paints.  You really don't need to, because the default models in UT2 are of superb quality, even the DJC is fine the way it is, it's just that the FAIB model kicks up the realism value a notch because it has even more realistic contours than the DJC model.  But UT2 does give you the flexibility to easily add replacement aircraft!

NGXfanatic, thanks! I will look into it and decide if its worth replacing or not.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

thanks for the info, ive spent the last 2 days replacing my airbus and boeing from Aardvark and DJC to FAIB.

Does anyone have any 3d redux shockwave light configs for the faib 737s and airbuses..

many thanks in advanced. 

14ppkc-6.png

You could just copy paste the shockwave light file names from, say, your Aardvark 737 into the new FAIB aircraft.cfg.  

For example, change: light.0=3, -20.50, -55.70,  4.90, fx_navredh , to light.0=3, -20.50, -55.70,  4.90,  ,fx_shockwave_navred

You get the idea?

It's a bit tedious, but it does the job.