Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

Repainters, tell us of your choice

Hello,

For as long as I have simmed I have wondered why the great contributors to our hobby, the repainters, do not give us more information about the aircraft they paint.

To accomplish such a work, it must mean a thing to the repainter. I understand that sometimes a cool looking paint is enough to get it into sim, but often there are planes from their local airport, the plane they have owned or flown. Or the historical meaning or situation of a certain paint.

I´m sure there are lot of simmers like me, who would gladly accept more information about the planes we now can share via our hobby.

This thread was triggered just now by downloading a new paint for Manfred Jahn´s C-47 mod. It was a PAA repaint, but a very special looking paint, a wartime paint?

Come on, don´t keep the information to yourselves, share it! We love aircraft and it would be great to know more about the history behind repaints.

I think a lot of repainters such as I pick certain paint schemes by how much it appeals to them and also the complexity of it you may be reading into this a bit to much at least when it comes to civil aircraft.

Rich Sennett

I think a lot of repainters such as I pick certain paint schemes by how much it appeals to them and also the complexity of it you may be reading into this a bit to much at least when it comes to civil aircraft.

Rich, I have at least five of your superb NGX paints in my hangar.

Southwest Silver being my favorite.

A long overdue Thank you Sir!

Thank you Pal appreciate it - simple thanks goes a long way, Silver did come out pretty nice  :p0502:  take care.

Rich Sennett

It also depends on the paintkit or lack of one for some.A good, well layed out paintkit will keep me going back to that aircraft over some others.

Best, Michael

KDFW

A good paint kit is the key.  An aircraft without a paint kit or a difficult to use or confusing paint kit is not going to get much love.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Even if an aircraft has no paintkit it is always possible to make one out of it. I've done this before in my FS9 days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Alexander Colka

I usually give every paint a personality. Source data is gathered from rzjets.net or similar and is then inserted into the "Description=" line of the fltsim.x entry. It contains line numbers, delivery dates, previous operators, etc...

I also make sure that the registration matches an appropriate subtype of the plane. I have a hard time depicting a 737-200Adv with a registration number only used on a regular -200...

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days