Sign in to follow this  
Copper.

Requested Improvements.

As the title suggests, these are some improvements requested of PMDG, on top of what is already a well rounded product.

*remove the Aux Batt selection on the DC Metering Panel, when single battery installed.

*Please, please please add more PBN capabilities.

*increase the rate of change for the minimums selector knob.

*new Keypad NAV Control Panel

*new ATC/TCAS Control Panel

*FMC - custom waypoint capability to allow ETOPS points to be inserted and properly named, fix the RNP value input problem.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

*remove the Aux Batt selection on the DC Metering Panel, when single battery installed.

Why? I believe the real plane has that selection even if the dual battery isn't installed

*Please, please please add more PBN capabilities.

I'm not familiar with this, so I won't comment. What do you mean?

Somewhere in the forum is a quote from Ryan that addresses this, but in short this should be coming in SP2 (I think)

*new Keypad NAV Control Panel
*new ATC/TCAS Control Panel

There are multiple options for those panels, the NGX is equipped the same as the aircraft they surveyed, and won't be changing

*FMC - custom waypoint capability to allow ETOPS points to be inserted and properly named, fix the RNP value input problem.

I'm not familiar with this, so I won't comment.

Steve Caffey

I believe the real plane has that selection even if the dual battery isn't installed
With respect, you might want to check your belief against fact.

What do you mean?
Look it up. Very exhausting subject to explain. Basically I'd like to fly RNP AR procedures. Right now I can't on the NGX; not properly.

I don't think my list unreasonable. I could be asking for WXR or the RTA function etc. 

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

increase the rate of change for the minimums selector knob

middle mouse button works great  for  me

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I totally agree, setting the minimums when I fly into Denver is a pain.

What's the problem with RNP entry? I can enter it on legs and prog page 4/4.

And I don't think it's possible to enter ETOPS waypoints properly named - 737 FMC will shorten name to five characters.

Yet you cannot create custom waypoints on the ref nav data pages, but you still can put ETOPS waypoints in the end of your route and create discontinuity. This works perfectly as an alternate procedure.

PBN capabilities were discussed lots of times, Ryan told it could be implemented in SP2 with the RTA as well.

Edited by rsvit

Basically I'd like to fly RNP AR procedures. Right now I can't on the NGX; not properly.

To borrow a line:

RNP AR is possible.  RNP RF is not.  Granted, many RNP AR utilize RF legs, not all.

Here's an AR, without RF legs that the NGX can easily fly: http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1307/05100RRZ1R.PDF

...one of those square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square things.

Kyle Rodgers

Look it up. Very exhausting subject to explain. Basically I'd like to fly RNP AR procedures. Right now I can't on the NGX; not properly.

I don't think my list unreasonable. I could be asking for WXR or the RTA function etc. 

Brian Nellis.

Having checked the FCOM, I stand corrected on the battery issue. For the RNP, do you mean RF legs? From what I remember Ryan or Rob said that isn't possible with the current nav data, either because of the format or the source data itself. The aerosoft nav data does a better job than the older Navigraph data (I haven't tried the new Navigraph data) For example, the RNAV (RNP) 31L at KPSP: Old Navigraph on the left, Aerosoft on the right. (chart: http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1307/00545RRY31L.PDF )

psp31lcompare.png

While this isn't true RF, it is very close.

Steve Caffey

Scandanavian13 - I stand corrected, thanks. Yes, RF legs is what I was trying to get at - basically full capability to conduct any and all RNP departures and approaches that incorporate RF legs etc.

RSVIT - With respect to RNP values, try putting in a value of .15 and see how you go. Custom waypoints - my company names all its ETOPS points in 3 digits, it also notates on the plan the co ords of all these points. I'm well aware I can create a waypoint from the co ords, but what I want to do is create a waypoint, name that waypoint (for example EEP etops entry point), and create a fix from that waypoint, so it becomes a appropriately named Fix and a point of reference, instead becoming an active waypoint apart of the FMC flight plan.

Steven - they can get very close by creating fake waypoints. I wonder if they've replicated all rf legs like this? I'd be happy with that!

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

With respect to RNP values, try putting in a value of .15 and see how you go.

Strange. Yesterday before answering your post I've managed to enter 0.10, today I cannot. Agree with you here.

create a fix from that waypoint

Ryan told that they could probably enhance functionality of nav data pages in some SP and this might be added.

Sorry - I can enter .10, but can't set such common RNP approach values as .15 or .13.

About waypoints in the end of flight plan - have read on pilot forum (pprune probably) that some airlines using this method on 737. It still can be used as a refernce points, you'll just get inconveniences just with name and entering approach procedures.

Waiting for someone to chime in with "relax guys, it's just a GAME!".  :ph34r:

Not my opinion... just a little levity.

I've been looking for a way to compare the New Navigraph to Aerosoft and I'm approaching the DP, thanks for the graphic!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I totally agree, setting the minimums when I fly into Denver is a pain.

A royal pain in the &@($*, I agree.   If there is ever a way to develop carpal tunnel in just one finger, having to adjust the baro settings for high altitude airports could very well cause it.  And this is with the mouse wheel.   There must be a way to improve this one function, but who knows if it will ever be fixed as the NGX will soon be about 2 years old and they have other priorities.