Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best way to freely move around the airport?

In X-Plane it's very easy to hit the C key to detach camera and use the arrow  the keys and mouse to move freely around. I do this when I want to go around the scenery to take photos. Is there an equivalent method to accomplish this in FSX? I'm not use to all the camera modes and how they work but haven't really found a way to easily do this. This way I can get the perfect angle, height, distance for whatever it is that i intend to take a photo of.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Have u heard of the Ezdok camera addon? I cant fly without it.

I have that add-on and use it to assign keys so I can switch different views throughout the VC. But how would you use it to move about freely around the airport?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have that add-on and use it to assign keys so I can switch different views throughout the VC. But how would you use it to move about freely around the airport?

Same way you did with your VC you can create outside views for the aircraft. Check on your ezca config what key plays with the acceleration setting. Then use your outside aircraft view to move around and set the accel to move faster in any direction.

There is also a global camera that you can use for that but is a little more complicated so I dont use it.

Ive tried ORBX BOB and those freeware car add ons and they aren't as flexible. I want to be able to move around on all axis, easily and efficiently.

Guest Mik75

Just as flyaway mentioned, Ezdok is the easiest and most comfortable to do that. Just increase the speed setting within the general settings of Ezdok menu for the aircraft view and you are good to go.

ORBX BOB in slew mode. Just learn all shortcuts for slew, so you can move/rotate along every axis. 

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I don't want to use orbx Bob, because I am trying to take photos of my airplane at various locations around the airport I'm at. Any other way to do this?

Get in the trike, 2D cockpit

Shift 1

Shift 4

Slew mode

Off you go.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

several people have already told you and you already have the addon; ezdock. Create an external aircraft view, make sure the POV and zoom switch is on, and move around and zoom with the mousewheel, arrow keys, and page up and down like you normally would when creating a new camera view. Use the two acceleration keys to move faster. Or you can create a world camera view anywhere in the airport. Record your flight with fsrecorder and watch the landing from the world camera.  You can even set up multiple world camera views and cycle through them as you're coming in to land.

When I change the camera view to custom > ezdok world camera, it puts me over the water somewhere and I have no idea how to get it back to the airport.

I'm not trying to create a camera view. I just want to be able to move around freely, snap some shots of my plane at various parking locations around the airport and then go fly. My understanding is that EZDOK Cam is to create custom preset views that you can easily switch to by assigning keyboard shortcuts or assign them to a joystick button. That's fine and all. I already have all my views set for the VC and external aircraft views. I just want to be able to move around the 3D world while not being attached to my aircraft. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Not hijacking the post but thats answered a question that i've had for a while. Very Helpful.

Cheers

Pete

40282618105572517s.jpg

Alt enter to get FSX windowed. Bring up ezdok. Right click on the right in the world cams section and create a camera at your location. Move around and save it. Do it again and save it again. One problem with world cameras is they aren't local. The world cam at JFK will be there when you're in Australia. You switch to it and boom, you're in NY hehe.

Yes ezdok is used to save preset views that you can switch to. But were you aware that you can set an external view to be free moving by switching the POV button in ezdok. This allows you to move using the arrow keys and page up and down without pushing the num 2 which starts a view edit. And you can mouse look around at the same time. So we're not saving or creating a new view. We're just moving around within a current view. Have you seen the nice cinematic videos on youtube panning around an aircraft, like from this guy? http://www.youtube.com/user/JerdooFlightX?feature=watch Watch his Twin Otter preview on that first page. This is how they're doing it. You can change how fast the camera moves or if it has momentum. You can make it very cinematic. We don't need that right now. We just want to move further away from your aircraft and take some purty pics. There are two ezdock shortcuts called Acceleration 1 and 2. Hold down either button while moving forward or up or down and it moves faster. So it won't take 20 minutes to get across the airport to the opposite runway so you can watch the 747 land. Any questions?

<Reading your post above again, something stood out. "I just want to be able to move around the 3D world while not being attached to my aircraft" You can't do that with ezdok external aircraft views. If you're taxing, the external view will be moving with your plane. You can still move it around though. If you save a world cam say in the middle of the runway and playback your landing with fsrecorder, you can switch to the world cam and watch yourself landing or if you've got some balls try to land real time from the world cam lol. You may even be able to use the ezdok world cam during the default fsx replay. One more thought; you do have the newest 1.17 version of ezdok? I believe it made some changes to world cams.