Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best way to freely move around the airport?

Guest Mik75

When I change the camera view to custom > ezdok world camera, it puts me over the water somewhere and I have no idea how to get it back to the airport.

I'm not trying to create a camera view. I just want to be able to move around freely, snap some shots of my plane at various parking locations around the airport and then go fly. My understanding is that EZDOK Cam is to create custom preset views that you can easily switch to by assigning keyboard shortcuts or assign them to a joystick button. That's fine and all. I already have all my views set for the VC and external aircraft views. I just want to be able to move around the 3D world while not being attached to my aircraft. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't use the world camera at all. I simply create a outside view of the plane. From there, you can move anywhere you want using the hat switch on your stick/yoke and the arrow and page up & dn keys on your keyboard. Check that Ezdok is set up properly (all default FSX assignments for views are deleted and the arrow keys and page up and dn are set up for view control within Ezdok's UI).

You can set up cameras that are not attached to your aircraft in FS Recorder which amazingly enough isn't payware.

Richard Åsberg

Hi all. Just realised that I'd posted and not replied. I have utilised the world cams and the edit outside view to some degree.

How would I get the camera when outside to sit with the aircraft I'm flying? Like when the space shuttle used to land, the follow planes would film it from that aircraft. Also, can this be done using FSRecorder. I think the last post referred to that!

Cheers Pete.

You can set up cameras that are not attached to your aircraft in FS Recorder which amazingly enough isn't payware.

Hi there! How is this done? Is it difficult to achieve?

Cheers Pete

40282618105572517s.jpg

Hi there! How is this done? Is it difficult to achieve?

In FSRecorder menu, go to Tower Camera->Edit and set the position of the camera and other attributes (eg. position it to the aircraft location). Close the dialog and select the FSRecorder Tower Camera by right-clicking to bring up the view menu and choose Custom->FSRecorder Tower. You can move the camera around with the eyepoint movement commands and you can also pan the camera. There is also a Cameras Settings dialog for additional options. You can add more Tower cameras and switch between them, and save or load cameras to/from a file.

You can also make VC and Spot View cameras, record and replay flights as traffic and other cool stuff. Pretty impressive program. The manual is very good and worth a read.

Besides FSRecorder and EZDoc, OpusFSX has a nice live camera control feature, though I don't think it supports tower cameras (just ones that are attached to the aircraft).

Barry Friedman