Sign in to follow this  
mhlarsen

PMDG J41 Blue Islands livery?

Does anyone know of a Blue Islands livery for the PMDG J41?

Would a repainter be interested in creating this nice livery?

Blue_Islands_airplane_zpsafa1474e.jpg

Hi Michael

It is probably a problem at my end but I cannot actually get your image to show, so on the off chance that I have got it right is this some like the scheme you were after.

If so then just let me know and I will upload her and give you a download link for the file set and installation instructions.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hello Jim,

It's close, but I think they changed the livery a bit.

Hope you can see this picture from february 2013:

Hi Michael

Let me see what I can come up with for you on this one.

Back as soon as I can.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Michael

I have managed to make a stab at the revised Blue Islands scheme, so if you would care to be the acting unpaid test pilot for her then here is a download link for the file set and installation instructions…

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2jarrt2q3scqmm/J41_Blue_Islands_02.zip

As always if you should find anything that you think I should take another look at or anything that you would like adding, removing or changing then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Michael

I have managed to make a stab at the revised Blue Islands scheme, so if you would care to be the acting unpaid test pilot for her then here is a download link for the file set and installation instructions…

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2jarrt2q3scqmm/J41_Blue_Islands_02.zip

As always if you should find anything that you think I should take another look at or anything that you would like adding, removing or changing then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hello Jim,

Just had a closer look at this very nice livery  :good:

I could only find one minor detail (really minor). The registration no. on the tail is stretched more left on my picture and I think the cause of this is the smaller dash character '-' in G-ISDL, which seems to be longer in my picture. 

In your aircraft.cfg entry the line Texture=BLUE should read Texture=BLUE_ISLANDS.

If you want to correct this then fine, but otherwise I am very happy with this livery.

Hi Michael

Ooop’s that’s what you get for copying and pasting the installation details form the original without double checking the entries, that and not looking closely at the photographs you kindly put up of the original aircraft, but as I don’t like a project to be unfinished I have updated the file set in line with your findings (for which I thank you for taking the time out to provide) and have repacked and uploaded the updated version for you to take for a spin and here is the download link for the package..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zm0o87ya3eh7c5/J41_Blue_Islands_02_1.zip

You will also see that I have updated the prop spinners as well, but if you don’t care for the spinners this colour then just let me know and I will change them, the same goes for any other aspects of the scheme just let me know what and where and I will see what I can come up with for you.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Michael

Ooop’s that’s what you get for copying and pasting the installation details form the original without double checking the entries, that and not looking closely at the photographs you kindly put up of the original aircraft, but as I don’t like a project to be unfinished I have updated the file set in line with your findings (for which I thank you for taking the time out to provide) and have repacked and uploaded the updated version for you to take for a spin and here is the download link for the package..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zm0o87ya3eh7c5/J41_Blue_Islands_02_1.zip

You will also see that I have updated the prop spinners as well, but if you don’t care for the spinners this colour then just let me know and I will change them, the same goes for any other aspects of the scheme just let me know what and where and I will see what I can come up with for you.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Thanks Jim, you got it exactly right :clapping:

I had not even noticed the spinner colour in the first version :blush:

Now it looks just great and is actually a very nice airline livery.

Will be used extensively for Southhampton to Jersey/Guernsey routes.

Thanks again.

Hi Michael

You are more than welcome, and thanks again for taking the time out to provide the feedback it really is appreciated.

If you should come across anything at all then do please let me know, as for the J41 itself I just might have a few flights between those locations myself as it has been a while since I flew the J41 and those are location that I did at one time fly, thanks for the idea.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Really wonderful repaint.  When I went to download it, it seemed to keep wanting me to install an .exe.  I kept clicking and, eventually, got to the zip file. 

Thanks.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Gregg

I have no idea as to why that should happen, I do know that you can get some advertisements with MediaFire, in fact I am going to upgrade to the payware version in the next week or so which “should” remove that aspect of the downloading process (it annoys me as well) but the .exe download really has me beat all I can do at present is to apologise for it and should you have any further issues with downloading anything then just let me know and I will see if some other method can be used to get around it.

Again my apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for the generous comments.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,

Just thought it would be good for folks to know not to install any of those .exe's.  Love the paint. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Gregg

Not a problem and thanks for the heads up it and for the generous comments both really are appreciated.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

wow that looks great. Those gold coloured spinners are pretty cool.