Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oups

MCDU 747 on additional touch screen

Hello everybody

Me again... As an alternative to frustrating hardware, I envisage to have the CDU of the PMDG 747X (FSX) on an additional touch screen. Less realistic, OK, but possibly easier and more versatile....

I only use 2D cockpit in windowed mode (yes, I am happy with that...).

I am targeting a 10" Lilliput UM1010T. Can I expect the touch screen to interact properly with all keys of the CDU? Sorry for a possible silly question but I never had a touch screen. Indeed I read that on another forum:

"The touch screen is actually divided into a grid,, with each small square allowing for a finger press.
You have to be careful with smaller knobs for volume and radios etc ( those +/- mouse events). If they don't seperately fall into their own grid square, they might not work."

Thanks for your interest and advice.

Warm regards, blue skies and happy landings

Philippe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Phillipe,

I have a 10" touch screen running my Second MCDU (I have a hardware version as well)

So long as your touch screen software allows for multiple calibration points you should be OK.

By default the calibration software for my touch screen offers 4 points (1 for each corner) but in the Advanced settings I can set it to have 9 points three columns of three. The 9 points give a better calibration and allow easier point control... If all else fails you can use a stylus :)

Best regards,

AlexB