Sign in to follow this  
Agovico261

There are runways when I listen to fs9 atis and tower that don't exist!

This problem started when i got an afcad file for a addon scenery. The airport is Honolulu intl (honov5) that I downloaded from avsim. When I listened to ATIS it says landing and departing 3,4L, 4R, 5,7,8L and 8R. In Honolulu there are only runways 4L 4R 22L 22R 8L 8R 26L and 26R. And take offs it's ok. But when landing ATC directs Ai traffic (I never landed at Honolulu just take offs) to runway 5 when I listen to atc. The Ai tells the tower their 61 miles east. Please help

This is a trick used in the AFCAD file to get the simulator to use intersecting runways since otherwise the simulator would only use two parallel runways rather than all four. I'm not really sure why it would try to land on the dummy runways, though, since as far as I'm aware, those runways are supposed to be too short to land on.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

This is a trick used in the AFCAD file to get the simulator to use intersecting runways since otherwise the simulator would only use two parallel runways rather than all four. I'm not really sure why it would try to land on the dummy runways, though, since as far as I'm aware, those runways are supposed to be too short to land on.

Yes, the runways are too short to land on, but ATIS will go through the entire list of runways which sounds rather daft. This is a problem with "tricks" like this. Another is that aircraft will take off/land on conflicting runways, risking collision.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

But runway 5 doesn't exist! How do I fix ths

From a realism standpoint, you'd be correct. However, in the case of the AFCAD, it uses runway 5 as a dummy runway to trick the simulator into using intersecting runways. The result is that the ATIS will read off the dummy runways.

Thx guys I went on afcad and deleted the runways and it worked

I suppose that's one way to solve the problem if you're fine with using only parallel runways instead of intersecting runways. Otherwise if you really want to use the intersecting runways at the same time, it's something you would have to live with. That's down to personal preference.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.