Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

explosion in terminal beijing airport

Just seen on the news there, that there has been an explosion at Beijing airport's terminal 3

That doesn't sound good. I spent 6 hours in that terminal in april last year and it's lovely. 

Reports are a man in a wheelchair detonated a device.

Thankfully no-one except him was hurt

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-23388448

An online microblog attributed to the man says the explosion was to protest at his ill-treatment by Chinese police.

The blog suggests his lower body was paralyzed after he was alleged to have been heavily beaten by security agents in southern China in 2005.

So apparently the bomb wasn't even intended to hurt anyone else.

I saw this on Yahoo! News and I thought... Why doesn't he just stay at home and blow himself up... If all he did was hurt himself he should've done it at home and let the airport continue on!

I saw this on Yahoo! News and I thought... Why doesn't he just stay at home and blow himself up... If all he did was hurt himself he should've done it at home and let the airport continue on!

Well obviously he wanted his story to be heard, some guy blowing up himself in his own house or around some random street of course wouldn't catch even nearly as much media attention as doing it around international airport does.

Anyway at least it seems like he checked nobody was too near him when he did that.

Reports are a man in a wheelchair detonated a device.

Rumour has it that it was an electric wheelchair with Lithium ion batteries.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]