Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Staying in, keeping warm, drinking beers, playing Vidja Games

I know you guys in the northern hemisphere are in Summer and are hot and there is a Steam Sale....for us in the Southern Hemisphere, with a high dollar....this is the best time ever...

Staying in, keeping warm, drinking beers, playing Vidja Games in the middle of winter in New Zealand with Matthew from Canada and Taryn from Zimbabwe, now living in New Zealand, this is good times:

DSC04544_zpsfc0aded9.jpg

Matthew Kane

Lucky things, I'd love a bit of winter right about now...  ^_^  I wouldn't even mind if it rained for a day or two, the plants really need it, and that's saying something...  :blush:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Lucky things, I'd love a bit of winter right about now...  ^_^  I wouldn't even mind if it rained for a day or two, the plants really need it, and that's saying something...  :blush:

Regards,

Ró.

Ah cheers mate,. to be honest our winter has been dryer and warmer then it should have been normally, the dogs are loving it, some strange things going on but I won't speculate. Just enjoying the Steam Sale is all I will say.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Great post. It's not easy to think about winter going on somewhere when it's 96F day after day. For me (and many Vermonters), we've had enough of summer and can't wait for autumn temps. I cannot imagine being in NY, Phila, even Boston...and I find it tough to light up FSX even with A/C going. But, this too shall pass!

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Have a good one mate :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Jealous. I wish it was the winter here, literally not coping at all in this awful summer heat! 2060.gif

In Wisconsin this heat is just killing me! Looks like fun in New Zealand!

What's the temperature Matthew?

LeeL, on 21 Jul 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

What's the temperature Matthew?

Our days have been about 13 degrees Celsius and overnight goes down to about 10 degrees, not so bad. I always said this is the perfect climate for me, not too hot in the summer as it averages about 23 degrees Celsius and winter about 12 to 13 degrees.

We got a Lockwood home that is well insulated with a wood burning stove, that is enough to keep us plenty warm.

We have also had significant earthquakes over the past three days. We have had a few 5.8 to 5.9's and many in the 4 range in between. That is a lot of activity but no damage. Lockwood homes are designed for earthquake resistance so we kind of just ride them out. I actually think they are fun.

This is from just this morning so this is natures alarm clock:

THIS MORNING'S QUAKES UP UNTIL 9AM

5.05am - 30 km east of Seddon - 3.5

7.04am - 30 km east of Seddon - 4.2

7.17am - 30 km east of Seddon - 5.8

7.20am - 25 km east of Seddon - 4.3

7.22am - 30 km east of Seddon - 4.1

7.25am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.7

7.30am - 25 km east of Seddon - 4.4

7.33am - 5 km south of Wellington - 2.5

7.35am - 25km east of Seddon - 3.4

7.37am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.2

7.43am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.8

7.45am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.9

7.52am - 25km east of Seddon - 3.3

7.57am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.4

7.58am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.4

8am - 25km east of Seddon - 3.6

8.05am - 30 km east of Seddon - 3.3

8.06am - 25 km south-west of Wellington - 3.2

8.08am - 15km east of Murupara - 3.7

8.14am - 30km east of Seddon - 3.1

8.20am - 25km east of Seddon - 3.2

8.32am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.1

8.37am - 30 km east of Seddon - 3.5

8.56am - 25 km east of Seddon - 2.9

8.59am - 25 km east of Seddon - 2.8

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8945358/Big-quake-shakes-central-New-Zealand

Matthew Kane

That sounds nice Matt, except for the quakes I guess but it comes with the territory I guess.

I've always thought about a future move to New Zealand.

That sounds nice Matt, except for the quakes I guess but it comes with the territory I guess.

I've always thought about a future move to New Zealand.

Highly recommended. But don't worry about the quakes, the way I see it, in the history of New Zealand there has been 498 people killed in earthquakes, now compare that to the number of snow related deaths in Canada. To be honest more people die in snow related deaths compared to earthquakes, and I never met a Canadian that was afraid of the snow.

Earthquakes are a part of life and a very low risk compared to other things. I just surf them out when they happen as nothing like surfing the earth. I usually have a big smile on my face when they happen.

Matthew Kane

Very convincing....

Obviously a wonderful place to live

What game are you playing?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Yesterday was a feels like of 111F here in NJ... Last week I did 13 1/2 hours on the motorcycle in full gear in 97F with a feels like temp of 108F. I think I lost 6-8 pounds in one day! I actually think yesterday was over a week straight at 90 plus.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

What game are you playing?

I was playing Farm Sim 2013 at the time and Taryn was trying out Portal. Got a bunch of titles from the Steam Sale:

Cities in Motion 2

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Train Simulator 2013

Tropico4

I've had Farm Sim for a while now and that has been a big addiction for me for some reason. The Euro Truck Simulator looks like I will get sucked into that one too....big time.

Taryn got Portal and Portal2 so far but not really getting into them. We will most likely be buying a bunch more.

Matthew Kane