Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Staying in, keeping warm, drinking beers, playing Vidja Games

The sale price on ETS2 is crazy, I might have too. But I'm not sure

Come to Texas. We could sit under the air conditioning and drink that same cold beer. Supposed to be a balmy 100 tomorrow.

Our days have been about 13 degrees Celsius and overnight goes down to about 10 degrees, not so bad

Those nights are nice and warm lol. Got down to about 2 last night, currently about 16 and not likely to get much warmer.

Come to Texas. We could sit under the air conditioning and drink that same cold beer. Supposed to be a balmy 100 tomorrow.

We want to come to Texas the next visit home and also Chicago to visit family. Looking forward to it

Matthew Kane

Hows the nerves now...a little shaken again today I believe (6+)...didn't feel a thing in the winterless north!!!

regards Russ.

Russell Shaw

Hows the nerves now...a little shaken again today I believe (6+)...didn't feel a thing in the winterless north!!!

regards Russ.

We're all good, I held the TV up as that is pretty much the only thing that can fall and damage, seen some friends Facebook feeds and some people have damage. Our house is a Lockwood home and they hold up very well in the earthquakes, so no damage for us.

They have been getting stronger and stronger over the past 72 hours so hopefully we don't get anything bigger then that last one. It is up to 6.8 now and in the Cook Strait so hopefully no tsunami comes out of any of this. 

Matthew Kane

Ah cheers mate,. to be honest our winter has been dryer and warmer then it should have been normally

Sounds like the winter we had in New Jersey this past winter. It only snowed once this year. Last winter wasn't much different, either. It's gotten to the point where I haven't even touched my winter jacket in over two years now.

I cannot imagine being in NY, Phila, even Boston...

Yeah, not good down here. Not good.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

ytzpilot, on 21 Jul 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

We have also had significant earthquakes over the past three days. We have had a few 5.8 to 5.9's and many in the 4 range in between. That is a lot of activity but no damage. Lockwood homes are designed for earthquake resistance so we kind of just ride them out. I actually think they are fun.

This is from just this morning so this is natures alarm clock:

THIS MORNING'S QUAKES UP UNTIL 9AM

5.05am - 30 km east of Seddon - 3.5

7.04am - 30 km east of Seddon - 4.2

7.17am - 30 km east of Seddon - 5.8

7.20am - 25 km east of Seddon - 4.3

7.22am - 30 km east of Seddon - 4.1

7.25am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.7

7.30am - 25 km east of Seddon - 4.4

7.33am - 5 km south of Wellington - 2.5

7.35am - 25km east of Seddon - 3.4

7.37am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.2

7.43am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.8

7.45am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.9

7.52am - 25km east of Seddon - 3.3

7.57am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.4

7.58am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.4

8am - 25km east of Seddon - 3.6

8.05am - 30 km east of Seddon - 3.3

8.06am - 25 km south-west of Wellington - 3.2

8.08am - 15km east of Murupara - 3.7

8.14am - 30km east of Seddon - 3.1

8.20am - 25km east of Seddon - 3.2

8.32am - 25 km east of Seddon - 3.1

8.37am - 30 km east of Seddon - 3.5

8.56am - 25 km east of Seddon - 2.9

8.59am - 25 km east of Seddon - 2.8

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8945358/Big-quake-shakes-central-New-Zealand

Thats insane! It must make NZ an interesting place to live ^_^

I experienced small - medium earthquakes when I used to live in Manchester UK, it would happen quite frequently, like once a month sometimes twice. It was pretty unusual but quite a thrill if you know what I mean :P

Thanks.

I have several of those games too (CiM2, ETS2, Farm Sim, ts2013).

Euro Truck Sim 2 is a favorite of mine as well.  I turn on the in-game radio and just zone out.

I was playing Farm Sim 2013 at the time and Taryn was trying out Portal. Got a bunch of titles from the Steam Sale:

Cities in Motion 2 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Train Simulator 2013

Tropico4

I've had Farm Sim for a while now and that has been a big addiction for me for some reason. The Euro Truck Simulator looks like I will get sucked into that one too....big time.

Taryn got Portal and Portal2 so far but not really getting into them. We will most likely be buying a bunch more.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.