Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain420

Are AI traffic suppose to cast light onto the runway during dusk/dawn/night

I'm using UT2. Are the planes suppose to light up the runway during night dusk/dawn hours at the airport? I do see the lights on the airplane but it doesn't appear to light up the ground.

I've seen screenshots where AI planes light up the tarmac. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No AI does this that I know if. Could have been a post processing effect on the video.

If you used the NGX as AI I believe it would - or any other plane with this modeled.

I see, strange. Do you know if the FAIB models will do this if used with UT2?

Are you using A2A lights or w/e it's called? Because if so there's is the option apron install that lets you choose if you want to see landing lights on the ground during daylight hours.

Are you speaking of A2A Shockwave 3D Redux lights? If so, then yes. But what I'm referring to are the lights from the plane, such as the taxi lights that are suppose to illumninate the tarmac at night in front of you. Not the actual runway, approach lights.

Many AI models do have lights at night so it is more than video post processing. No other light add-ons are needed.

I'm wondering if my A2A Shockwave 3D Redux lights have anything to do with it. Since I am using them for all my AI planes in UT2 as well.

Try uninstalling A2A Shockwave 3d redux lights and see what results you get. I think right now that's the best choice because it takes at the most 2 minutes to reinstall.