Sign in to follow this  
Niceone0267

SBuilder and Fences_and_Walls_for_SBuilder

How do I use fences and walls in SBuilder?  Where do I install it?  If you have instruccions or links that can help, I'll appreiciate it.

How do I use fences and walls in SBuilder?  Where do I install it?  If you have instruccions or links that can help, I'll appreiciate it.

The is a fence creation too available at: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5&sort=date&page=2

It is called FenceBuilder. It does not work from inside SBuilder. It is a tool by itself and does the job quite nicely.

As far as walls are concerned, I can't help there. They would have to be modeled, compiled into a object library and then placed in SBuilder in the correct manner to be usable. I am not aware of any such available models or object library.

Regards,

Mel

The is a fence creation too available at: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5&sort=date&page=2

It is called FenceBuilder. It does not work from inside SBuilder. It is a tool by itself and does the job quite nicely.

As far as walls are concerned, I can't help there. They would have to be modeled, compiled into a object library and then placed in SBuilder in the correct manner to be usable. I am not aware of any such available models or object library.

Regards,

Mel

Hi, I did install it in SBuilder in order to select and compile.  I am almost done creating a fence for KSEA in FS9.  It is time consuming but worth it.  Here is a link to my post. 

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426908

Hi, I did install it in SBuilder in order to select and compile.

Shows I'm a bit behind on things. I didn't know that could be done. Guess I better go back a do some reading! Thanks for the link.

Thanks,

Mel

Great work.

Just one tip. If you release this with an addon, make sure the fence is in a separate .bgl and named to be easily recognizable.

Fences can be performance killers and I commonly delete them for this reason.

Great tutorial.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

FWIW I use Flight1's E-Z scenery to place objects in existing scenery. It is superseded by Instant Scenery.

It gives you a preview in the FS window of the object you are placing as you move it around. I added a short fence to the side of a hangar with an office located on a feeder airport. I used overhead and side views to adjust all three coordinates (horizontal and vertical positions).

It comes with object libraries and there are also freeware object libraries in the necessary format in the scenery object libraries here and other sites.