Sign in to follow this  
Kailiang Seah

wind shift :(

I still have this major wind shift. Every time a weather is loaded. I have select opus to do the work. Recommended some topic bellow mine. Please help me I really like this weather :(

If you are flying with the sim rate speeded up, especially above x2 then it is possible to get wind shifts. Certain aircraft sims are more susceptible to wind shifts.

If FSX is struggling to cope due to the number of add-on packages, detailed scenery, high defintion high resolution cloud textures (we recommend non HD low resolution textures) etc then wind shifts are more likely.

The easiest configuration is to set your Destination, Max Cruise Altitude and enable Adjust Options Automatically and set ALL defaults in the weather dialogs. If your system has wind shifts enable the Adjust Sim Friendly Options, if your system has severe wind shifts then enable the Use Maximum Stabilisation option too. If, and only if, your system still experiences 'major' wind shifts during the cruise then you can also set the Stabilised GRIB Data option.

Have you tried all these options?

Cheryl

<p>Alright i will try the destination and max cruise. I already selected the adjust option auto and ajust sim fren and use maximum stabilization. </p>

Please read our SimForums topic on Wind Shifts. There are other stabilisation options to try to get rid of those problematic FSX wind shifts. Problematic meaning causing visible problems with the aircraft sim, not just being recorded by some flight monitoring Addon since nothing can stop FSX generating fleeting errors when any varied weather is loaded due to its wind calculation bugs.

Stephen

Please read our SimForums topic on Wind Shifts. There are other stabilisation options to try to get rid of those problematic FSX wind shifts. Problematic meaning causing visible problems with the aircraft sim, not just being recorded by some flight monitoring Addon since nothing can stop FSX generating fleeting errors when any varied weather is loaded due to its wind calculation bugs.

Stephen

Tried everything in Simforums still have quite abit of wind shift. LIke my attitude and speed will go up a few thousand feet and 20~40 knots 

Do you tend to get wind shifts at low or high altitudes, when level, climbing or decending? Is it more noticeable in certain aircraft? Are you using GRIB data and if so have you tried the Stabilised GRIB Data option?

Ensure you have no other weather program active and don't enable the real world weather options in FSX.

Cheryl

You must try all the options mentioned in the Wind Shifts topic. Adjust Sim Friendly GRIB Data + Stabilised GRIB Data + Maximum Stabilisation etc.. Just turn on all the Stabilisation options. It looks like your FSX simply cannot cope with hardly any RW weather changes so needs all the help it can get. There is nothing else we can do apart from the stabilisation options provided since as you now know from reading our Wind Shifts topic, the problem lies inside the FSX code. The vast majority of systems have no problems after using the appropriate stabilisation and sim friendly options, normally the sim friendly option is all that is needed but a few systems need all the help they can get.

Just turn on all the options recommended for you to try. Nothing more can be done than that I'm afraid apart from resorting to completely stabilised or static weather.

Stephen

Thank you Stephen i done a flight 45min and i sat there the hold time monitoring it. I cant see any major wind shift. I have done all the steps above and it works :D