Sign in to follow this  
Russ K

FSX won't reinstall in Windows 8

Russ; ,You have certaignly been unlucky with FSX and that computer?

Your decision of returning to Win 7 is going to be a good one, please report how you do?

I have been Lucky and unlucky so far with this computer because of the HD Failure and the fact that my FSX copy has not given me any mayor problems, so far ( Shhhh)...After I reinstalled. Only I cannot take screenies using gthe "V" key.It gives me an error. But I am using Paint as an option, eventhough it only gives me one screenie at a time.

Berlopez

The V key should work fine.
Did you run and install FSX as admin?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks for your reply Jude. I just set FSX to run as administrator in Windows 8 in the Windows 8 rolling desktop where the icon installed. At the bottom there'sa choice to set it as administrator, I clicked it there and restarted it,as soon as it loaded I tried the "V" key and got the same message. I also have Full Control of my security setting in the folder.

berlopez

I'm the only user on my computer and am the admin. I've tried the above. I read the ezine article and installed and ran a registry cleaner as it suggested. Still no joy. Returning this computer to Best Buy and will try one from my local computer store that has Windows 7.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, Russ

Have you looked online? Newegg has MANY Windows 7 computers, and so does CompUSA if you have one nearby you. (Or TigerDirect)

Returned my computer to Best Buy this afternoon. Good people. No hassle. I have looked on Newegg and Tiger Direct but I think I'll go to Milwaukee PC tomorrow and order one of their gaming computers with Windows 7. That way if I should have any problem I won't have to ship it back and forth, I can just drive about ten miles instead. I'll probably go with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Does that sound like it would work well with FSX Gold?

I'll probably go with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Does that sound like it would work well with FSX Gold?

Perfect, actually. You really don't need 7 Professional or 7 Ultimate.

Wound up building my own computer with parts from Tiger Direct and Amazon.com. Windows 7 64 bit. So far no problems with FSX but I haven't made any changes to it yet like add on aircraft or repaints.

Excellent. Always build your own PC if possible, PC laptops and commercially pre-packaged Windows computers are only good for three things: browsing the Internet, email, and Excel. :)