Sign in to follow this  
Maribell

I really need an easier way to organize my objects

Hello everyone I am NOT an expert when it comes to organizing scenery object libraries in flight simulator

I know for sure that I have lots of duplicated objects if anything I have objects in specific freeware sceneries that I have downloaded from avsim

I have over 700 sceneries in my addon scenery directory and find it Difficult searching for which scenery contains an object that I already have in my two main scenery folder.

Any ideas On how I can go about finding scenery objects that are duplicated easier way so that I can have only one of each kind?

It took me about 10 seconds to do a Google search for duplicate file finder, which turned up many options. Some are free, some are not. Some do a simple scan, some do more in-depth scans.

Ive done google search all i can find is duplicate texture i did find one which

Is this different from the link Ian gave you in the post you started 2 days ago??

It took me about 10 seconds to do a Google search for duplicate file finder, which turned up many options. Some are free, some are not. Some do a simple scan, some do more in-depth scans.

scans for duplicate objects but kinda sucks its not that simple to use if u can send me a link that will easily separate the objects so that i can find them alto easier that be great

Ive even used glary utilities which you can specify the type of file extension for example if you tell it to scan bgl's it will scan for bgl's but still a pain some bgl's may have similar names with different objects compiled in them and some are basic bgls for scenery perhaps i should be searching for duplicate libraries in specific lol

700 sceneries, holy crap, LOL

Not sure i am following why you are needing to find objects in the first place, so bare with me. If sceneries share the same object, them there is a main library for those objects someone. As long as that one library is active, then the objects will show in all sceneries. As for objects from other sceneries, unles it is strictly for personal use, you shouldn't be using other sceneries objects in the first place.

I also do not place any sceneries in the FSX addon scenery folder, i have a folder outside of FS that contains most of my sceneries, easier to keep track of.

Best, Michael

KDFW

700 sceneries, holy crap, LOL

Not sure i am following why you are needing to find objects in the first place, so bare with me. If sceneries share the same object, them there is a main library for those objects someone. As long as that one library is active, then the objects will show in all sceneries. As for objects from other sceneries, unles it is strictly for personal use, you shouldn't be using other sceneries objects in the first place.

I also do not place any sceneries in the FSX addon scenery folder, i have a folder outside of FS that contains most of my sceneries, easier to keep track of.

Problem is some airports sceneries i download contains objects with no textures, Perhaps other sceneries have objects enabled from freeware sceneries ive downloaded in the past, my agenda is to find out which those objects are and delete them so they will only be activated in one specific folder lol For example i downloaded a freeware scenery couple days ago and no textures appeared so i did a search and found one object enabled in 2 scenery folders so i got rid of it and the issue was fixed.

At this point i have way to many objects and to many sceneries all around the world i just wanted to know if there is a utility that will allow to identify just the duplicated object and specify where they are so that i can rid of the duplicate and leave one active in my object folder

Thank you for the link, Ive used this before but dont quite understand the results lol a bit confusing haha but i guess if this is the only utility out there ill give it another shot  B)