Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Feature Request: Skip to Waypoint

Hi Hopskip,

I'll defer to your greater knowledge as I don't know how it would work. Within PS1 however you can only jump one leg at a time, and all must be "ok" before the FMC lets you jump again. As to airport data , maybe because only 747 capable airports are present (it's a very old program) with PSX coming and it's not hard to add a new airport or modify.

Looking at your Sig maybe you're already very familiar with it although your link seems broken for the 737.

Edit: direct link didn't work but got there by changing initial address.

It was the problems getting PS1 to work in windows that eventually had me buy the PMDG 747-400X and renew my love of FSX and I know the PMDG 777 will get me back in front of FSX a lot more then I spend now.

You're starting to sound like me.  Need a snarky signature picture?

Hahaha - I have days where I'm in a sarcastic mood, ends up being shown somewhere  :P But thanks for the offer - cannot remove that pretty 777 now  :wink:

We will not be implementing a feature like this - huge can of worms with the systems, fuel etc.

The best answer that I have heard so far.......

Harry Nelson

The best answer that I have heard so far.......

Uh, it's the only answer...

Thanks for your response, Ryan. 

Sorry I might need to clarify... I do not mean the DIR TO function... I mean a meta function within the CDU menu that let's you "teleport" the plane to a specified waypoint. I know you can do this already with the map function but this would be more convenient and accurate. 

If you want to "teleport" your plane, Avidean may have the solution to your problem:  :P

777release.jpg

I usually don't comment on threads like this but please! For God's sake! This is the most absurd utility I've ever heard of! It's a game changer in the way that it'll make it a "game" not a simulation. Might as well just get Microsoft Flight or call of duty as for that. If you don't have the time to fly a long haul, don't fly it!!!! (sorry for the rant)

I usually don't comment on threads like this but please! For God's sake! This is the most absurd utility I've ever heard of! It's a game changer in the way that it'll make it a "game" not a simulation. Might as well just get Microsoft Flight or call of duty as for that. If you don't have the time to fly a long haul, don't fly it!!!! (sorry for the rant)

4x time compression is a thing.

"Save Flight" is a thing.

"Pause" is a thing

"Slew" (keyboard Y) is also a thing.

Using Time compression you can make an 8 hour flight into a ~2 hour flight, Using "Save Flight" you can literally turn your computer off for several days, and come back later and resume where you left off.

Pause can be used to make "Time" come to a stop in the sim, and then you can come back later and finish the flight (without turning the comptuer off).

Slew can be used to position the aircraft almost anywhere at any altitude and attitude so you don't even need to 'begin' a flight at all! (and just practice descent/approach for instance).

If you really want, you can do that "feature" manually with any aircraft. 

1. Open up the Progress page of the FMC, find the waypoint you want to teleport to, write down predicted time over waypoint and fuel. You'll get better prediction if you enter winds along the route in FMC before you check the progress page. 

2. Open FSX map window, enter coordinates of the waypoint you want to "teleport" and probably the altitude (if there are step climbs along the way), confirm and the plane will jump there.

3. Adjust fuel using PMDG aircraft settings.

4. Adjust time in FSX settings.

5. Update route in FMC, direct-to next waypoint. 

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I'd like to see the ability to add constant time between cruise waypoints, user-definable, e.g. 5 minutes. On a long haul that might still equate to a couple of hours, but makes it much more usable.

I do occassionally get to fly for 14 hours straight but those days are rare.

Best regards,

Robin.