Sign in to follow this  
r0drig0

Autosave for FSX?

Hello

I tried some autosave programs to FSX but had no success. Some interrupts the FSX starup and don´t work.  Other one requires simconnect. Another one there is no readme.txt and apparently don´t work too. Any idea? Thanks!

Have you tried FSUIPC? Not sure if the autosave feature is in the freeware version but it is very seamless on my setup.

When I go to load flight menu apparenty there is a flight saved by FSUIPC. However it does not correspond to my last flight (the flight that FSX had fatal error...) It´s impossible to use FSX without autosave because I have fatal errors frequently, specially when I use the menu while flying. 

Thanks anyway. 

Other one requires simconnect

You know that once you install FSX you already have simconnect installed, right?

FSXSave, located in the library at AVSIM, works very well with FSX and nothing else is required.

Jim,

I have FSXSave, The problem is that it acts strange because after I installed I can not open FSXSave.exe file to config. Don´t know why. Also apparently it is not saving my flight. I already email to designer about this strange behavior. Thanks anyway ! 

When I go to load flight menu apparenty there is a flight saved by FSUIPC. However it does not correspond to my last flight (the flight that FSX had fatal error...) It´s impossible to use FSX without autosave because I have fatal errors frequently, specially when I use the menu while flying. 

Thanks anyway. 

If you have the licensed version of FSUIPC you can set it to save a series of files (I set it to save ten) at an predetermined interval (I use one minute).  So if you have a CTD you can go to 'Load' and pick the most recent flight or one in the series before that (to make it easy I also have FSUIPC save the current flight as aaaaaCurrent so the most recent save cycle file is right at the top of the list).  CTD are pretty unusual for me - mostly I use this to return to a point on an approach when I am practicing landings but when CTD does happen it is a 'life saver'.

Search for the uiautomationcore fix.  It fixes the menu crash 100%.  You'll never see it again.

My FSUIPC is not registered. I use the freeware version. I will try the  uiautomationcore.dll fix. I will say the results tomorrow.

Thank you all for your help.

There are several uiautomationcore.dlls "on the market".Try to find the right one.That is also important, if you use enb.series.

Scott

Well, had no success after installing  uiautomationcore.dll in FSX root directory. 

Still with no program autosave for FSX I have an error saying it was not possible to load or assembly Microsoft Flight simulator Sim.Connect etc..

Otherwise FSXsave I can not even start up the .exe file. Also, when FSX starts, FSXsave have fatal error.

Thanks for your help.

Edited...

Does anyone know if:

FSXSave works with FSX Acceleration?

Is FSXSave is better than FSUIPC's Autosave in some way(s)?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Search for the uiautomationcore fix.  It fixes the menu crash 100%.  You'll never see it again.

For me, I simply recommend deleting ALL traces of uiautomationcore.dll in Win7. 

I know some are worried that it will affect other applications in windows(I so far have not experienced any problems), but if you use that computer primarily for FSX, you will have no problems and this is a almost guaranteed fix. (While doing support, I have a 100% fix rate for menu crashes relating to uianimationcore).

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

Vaughan I do not have FSX Acceleration and FSUIPC needs register to use autosave function.

Joshua, actually I was suggested to download uiautomationcore.dll and put the file in FSX root. I already did it but didn´t have any practical result. Following your suggestion I found uiautomationcore.dll in win32 system. Tried to delete but win7 said I need permission from "trustedinstaller" to perform this operation. Actually, I use my PC mostly for FS ,but I am afraid to affect other applications on windows since occasionally use MSOffice or LibreOffice. 

Thank you for your answers. 

Edited by r0drig0

FSXSave works fine with Acceleration.

Looks like your FSX install is not real good.

Vaughan I do not have FSX Acceleration and FSUIPC needs register to use autosave function.
Joshua, actually I was suggested to download uiautomationcore.dll and put the file in FSX root. I already did it but didn´t have any practical result. Following your suggestion I found uiautomationcore.dll in win32 system. Tried to delete but win7 said I need permission from "trustedinstaller" to perform this operation. Actually, I use my PC mostly for FS ,but I am afraid to affect other applications on windows since occasionally use MSOffice or LibreOffice. 
Thank you for your answers. 

There are several instructions out there (search google) on how to take ownership of a file on windows 7. Just a few simple steps and you should be able to delete it.

PS: I use MS Office too, and it does not affect it at all.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png