Sign in to follow this  
r0drig0

Autosave for FSX?

Ok, before go to delete uiautomationcore.dll, considering Jim answer my FSX install is not real good it triggered a question. I have MSFX Deluxe edition. What patches do I need? SP1, SP2? Both? 

Thank you for your continuing suport (and patience withe me). 

Both.

Install SP1, start a flight, then exit out.

Install SP2, start a flight, then exit out.

JoshuaC, on 21 Jul 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

For me, I simply recommend deleting ALL traces of uiautomationcore.dll in Win7.

IMO telling people to delete system files is bad advice.

There is no need to do this and just because you have had no problems doesn't guarantee other won't either.

The file is there for a purpose and placing one of the 2 Vista versions in the FSX root folder fixes the menu crash issue.

Please remember when giving advice on an open forum that many people can read it and your advice should be "lowest common denominator".

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

IMO telling people to delete system files is bad advice.

There is no need to do this and just because you have had no problems doesn't guarantee other won't either.

The file is there for a purpose and placing one of the 2 Vista versions in the FSX root folder fixes the menu crash issue.

Please remember when giving advice on an open forum that many people can read it and your advice should be "lowest common denominator".

regards,

Joe

Adding/Replacing system files still isn't any better. Why not let him give it a try and see if it works out or not?

That file is non-system critical, so even if you delete(or rename for backup purpose) it, you will be able to start windows etc. 

I had people who do the other method of fix with the wrong file etc and still get crashes, some don't know which file is that, some after applying the fix still get problems. To put it simply, adding/replacing the file whether in the FSX or Windows, produced way way less consistent positive result then I have seen with renaming/deleting that file.

That is of course still my advice, and it still stands. Do at your own risk is the only disclaimer that I will put, like all other file modification (Whether its adding/replacing or deleting)

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

I had people who do the other method of fix with the wrong file etc and still get crashes,

...because they used the wrong file.

It is well known, and there are many posts concerning this issue, that there are 2 versions of the Vista uiautomationcore.dll that fix this specific crash.

One version works for some people, others need the second version.

I have not read anywhere that neither version has fixed the "menu clicking crash", though I haven't read everything.

Again, I caution anyone about removing system files because someone told you to in a forum.

Especially when there is nothing to gain by doing so.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

...because they used the wrong file.

It is well known, and there are many posts concerning this issue, that there are 2 versions of the Vista uiautomationcore.dll that fix this specific crash.

One version works for some people, others need the second version.

I have not read anywhere that neither version has fixed the "menu clicking crash", though I haven't read everything.

Again, I caution anyone about removing system files because someone told you to in a forum.

Especially when there is nothing to gain by doing so.

regards,

Joe

Like I said, it's confusing to have to select which files to use with so many different opinion and files.

You seem to have a paranoia in removing system files. If you understand windows and especially what that dll library do, you wouldn't even be so worried

And no, the benefit is 100% gurantee of no more ctd due to that file.

Joshua C.

WSSS

Why is there even a discussion about deleting a file in Windows, when the file in question goes into the main FSX folder? 

Why is there even a discussion about deleting a file in Windows, when the file in question goes into the main FSX folder? 

Jim,

reread my earlier post about the suggestion to delete the file to solve the menu crashing problem. I only suggest that as I dont see putting the file into main FSX folder as a 100% guranteed fix.

Anyway, I dont claim to be an expert of anything, but I will let the OP decide on which solution to take.

Joshua C.

WSSS

For me, I simply recommend deleting ALL traces of uiautomationcore.dll in Win7. 

Then why even suggest such?

I only suggest that as I dont see putting the file into main FSX folder as a 100% guranteed fix

And there are multiple versions of the file to try in FSX. Nothing with FSX is guaranteed %100. 

Ok people just small update, but firstly thank you so much for many people join this topic in order to help me.

About  uiautomationcore.dll. I follow the suggestion to download this .dll and install in my FSX. I read so many wonderful things this file does in FSX, even increase frame rate, but I did not notice any difference. And FSX still crashes and Autosaver for FSX and FSXsave programs still don´t work. 

About Jim concern about FSX installation. Well, I firstly install FSX. Then installed SP1 and finally SP2. I did not use FSX with only SP1. I used FSX after installed both SP1 and SP2. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Try:

1.) Installing FSX (Run as Administrator of course)

2.) Run FSX with no SPs
3.) Fly a plane for a few seconds. Close the game.

4.) Install SP1 (Run as Admin)

5.) Again, Fly a plane for a few seconds. Close the game.

6.) Install Acceleration or SP2, Again as Admin

7.) Fly again. Close the game.
8.) Apply appropriate uiautomationcore.dll

9.) Fly in FSX Again, Spam menus for 10 minutes and try to force a crash.
10.) If Crash, install the other uiautomationcore.dll, if you did not crash, skip to 12.

11.) Repeat 9, if crash, repeat 8 with different or first uiautomationcore.dll, try both dlls difference for you. with both DX9 and DX10 and see if it makes any , if no crash, go to 12. For example on one of my PCs. FSX crashes with both dlls in DX9, but works with the newer one with DX10.

12.) Install correct FSX.cfg settings for your preferences. Especially the memory fix.

13.) Install and test each addon 1 by 1. Remove add ons if they cause crashing. Continue til all wanted, unbugged addons and install.

This has never failed me one on reinstalling the game. Crash free FSX is much more enjoyable.

There are other versions of that .dll to try.

I feel the SPs are installed wrong then. To fix just uninstall SP2 then SP1. Now install SP1, fly, exit. Install SP2, fly and exit.

4.) Install SP1 (Run as Admin)

5.) Again, Fly a plane for a few seconds. Close the game.

6.) Install Acceleration or SP2, Again as Admin

Do not install SP1 if you are going to install Acceleration.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

"Try:

1.) Installing FSX (Run as Administrator of course)"

Note ... I would not put FSX in the default installation folder ...

But, put it in a folder like C:\FSX

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Do not install SP1 if you are going to install Acceleration.

regards,

Joe

Post #13 states he does not have Acceleration. And your advice would be for SP2.