Sign in to follow this  
CrewF16

J-41 Fueling Issue

When I go into the FSX Aircraft fuel and payload manager to reduce the fuel for flight it always goes back to 100% when I get back in the A/C. I tried many times to be sure things were correct. It will stay at the selected load for a second then go to full tanks. The last time I selected 0 in both tanks and it stayed long enough to kill the engines then went to full tanks.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron

Almost sounds like you 1. did not run FSX as administrator, or 2. have installed FSX in ...Programs (x86), thus having problems with permissions?

23.png

It will stay at the selected load for a second then go to full tanks. The last time I selected 0 in both tanks and it stayed long enough to kill the engines then went to full tanks.

Is your parking position next to a fuel station?

(No joke - pan around your aircraft for a default FSX fuel station)

Kyle Rodgers

Is there some way to get rid of the FSX fuel stations everywhere and forever? When you are parked on one, or even near one, you get 2 problems.

1: The fuel always goes back to 100% (even on a 747-400 just as you are about to depart on a 20 minute jaunt from YMML to YMAV)

2: You can't open the aircraft's DOORS!!!!!!

2: You can't open the aircraft's DOORS!!!!!!

I'm able to open the L-39's canopy at a fuel station (the only thing I like about them is I can splash and dash during a a multi leg L-39 trip).

Is your parking position next to a fuel station?

(No joke - pan around your aircraft for a default FSX fuel station)

That was it! I was at Unakleet in Alaska and that was my only option other than the active. After a couple of other mess ups with the NGX (miss stroke on the keyboard and went to flight planner. Graphics crashed) I quit for the day. I figured it wasn't my day to fly. 

Thanks,

Ron

That was it! I was at Unakleet in Alaska and that was my only option other than the active.

Glad that worked!  Yeah, there are a couple fields where you really don't have much room to avoid those things.  I'm sure there are several in AK.

Kyle Rodgers

"When you are parked on one, or even near one, you get 2 problems".

If you set up your take-off weight in fmc and go past fuel station without this knowledge your V speeds are out danderously!...Just a thought :wacko: