Sign in to follow this  
red259

How to install bluesky scenery

I figured I post and ask how to install bluesky scenery. This is my first time adding terrain scenery and it does not seem to be taking even when I follow the read me directions.  Should it be in the fsx scenery folder or the addon scenery folder? When I attempt to add the scenery in fsx I get a message that the folder is empty, but when I look in the folder myself I see all the files in there. 

You can install it anywhere.  There should be a main folder; ie Cali with a scenery folder and maybe a texture folder within.  That's the structure FSX looks for. There's a bug adding to the scenery library in Windows 7, 64 bit only I believe.  You didn't mention specifically this bug but I'll assume it's causing the problem and I'll walk you through it.

Scenery Library - Add Area - Navigate to the main Cali folder - Click on Cali folder -Click ok - You should see the scenery folder.  At this point the bug rears its ugly head.  Clicking ok will not work.  Right click in the open space below scenery and it will complete and add to your scenery library.

....or just get SceneryConfigEditor v.1.1.1 and never have to worry about adding scenery to FSX again.

Also it is very handy for turning off blocks of scenery before you start FSX, so that it will run much smoother.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/V1.0/

I just downloaded this app. Its telling me there is an error in the two sets of scenery for california from blue sky. I haven't been able to get it to work yet. Not sure where I am going wrong. I unzip it and put the folder in addon scenery. 

Look here:

You can merge all our sceneries into one and add just this to the scenery library.

Or merge them by state, which I would recommend. Then you would have to create folders like "CA", "AZ", "WY" etc, each with a subfolder "scenery" where all the bgls of the state go. Then you would have to add just the state folders to the scenery lib as shown in the video above. When you put new bgls into sceneries that are already in the scenery library,  then FSX will discover them on the next startup. So, no need to touch the scenery library anymore. Plain simple :) Have fun.

Gottfried

I am having an issue with Bluesky scenery  textures blleding through the FSDreamTeam KLAS scenery. Is there anyway this can be resolved?

Thanks

Or merge them by state, which I would recommend. Then you would have to create folders like "CA", "AZ", "WY" etc, each with a subfolder "scenery" where all the bgls of the state go. Then you would have to add just the state folders to the scenery lib as shown in the video above. When you put new bgls into sceneries that are already in the scenery library, then FSX will discover them on the next startup. So, no need to touch the scenery library anymore. Plain simple :) Have fun.

Gottfried,

I just downloaded a few blocks of Bluesky -  California to evaluate. A question regarding the way it's organized - is there a way to separate the mesh components from the scenery?

Cheers!

How frame rate friendly is this scenery?

So far, with several blocks of the California Bay area, I don't notice any FPS difference. Load times are increased a bit - but I'm on SSD, so that may help.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

There's one file per package, having "Mesh" in its name. That's the mesh.

There's one file per package, having "Mesh" in its name. That's the mesh.

That would make sense! :P

Can I separate the mesh into a separate folder and activate it independent of the scenery? What I'm getting at is to still have your improved mesh available for dawn and dusk flying with UTX/GEX lighting while turning off the photo scenery.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)