Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Massive earthquakes this weekend, just had a 6.8

Thanks Stephen and everyone for your comments. I finally did get some sleep but the adrenaline has kept most of us up and we are still getting constant little earthquakes. Probably close to 200 earthquakes since Thursday morning now.

Got word that our business is OK to open at 12 this afternoon. I was worried the building was damaged and I would be out of a job. The Engineers will be in to check the building before we open. It is a bit of a mess to clean up there so I will be spending the morning cleaning it up. A few pics of the mess I will be cleaning this  morning:

salon2_zps2cf6d385.jpg

salon1_zps330e31b6.jpg

Matthew Kane

I finally did get some sleep but the adrenaline has kept most of us up and we are still getting constant little earthquakes. Probably close to 200 earthquakes since Thursday morning now.

After living through the Christchurch quakes Matt, I know what your going through. Take care up there, you and your family.

Here is an update

'100 HIROSHIMA BOMBS'

The quake was bigger than Christchurch's devastating February 22 shake - and released energy equivalent to 100 "Hiroshima" nuclear bombs.

GNS Science seismologist Stephen Bannister said Wellingtonians could count their blessings it wasn't centred closer to the capital.

"If it had been under the city we would have been looking at equal damage or close to what happened in Christchurch."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8946666/Wellington-wakes-to-earthquake-disruption

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Wow, glad to hear you are safe. 30 seconds must have felt like an hour. Hopefully the tremors end soon and you can get some rest.

Finally got sleep last night. The aftershocks are still about every 3 to 4 minutes apart with the occasional ~5.5.

At this point I am not even noticing them anymore, The girls I work with feel every one of them so I am just going to ignore it and them.  :lol: 

Cheers

Matthew Kane

There is no Napier in WA! There is in NZ though.

yes, it seems like a very bad researcher in Las Vegas wrote that. Have you read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas???? Some journalists are like that  :lol:

Matthew Kane

Hey Matt my friend, take care.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hey Matt my friend, take care.

Thanks Howard, My POV as we got off very lucky. I heard earlier we are approaching closer to 500 quakes in the past 4 days now. This may be a situation like Christchurch that the first major weakened everything...and the second did the most damage.

Right now Engineers are going through everything but not sure how much of this is economically based or actual engineering based. this is a very grey area.

Matthew Kane

I will have my fingers crossed for you.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Howard,

For discussion point: Can you and yours jump on a plane and come visit NS for a few weeks?

Stephen

For discussion point: Can you and yours jump on a plane and come visit NS for a few weeks?

Stephen

I would love to go back to Cole Harbour for a visit right now but our next plan is to visit this September/October. 

My brother also recently moved to Chicago so I want to pay him a visit as well. Looking forward to it.

Matthew Kane

Don't go to Chicago in the winter. Even a Canadian can be cold there. Great city with friendly people.