Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

Migrating Program files

Hi and appologies if my question has fallen on the wrong forum.

I have an old Windows XP  which I can use my FS2004  and IFLY B737NG  on satisfactorily, however the IFLY B737NG will not work on my Windows 7 64bit   I have the FS9.1 update, have disabled my security features turned the UAC  stored my files outside of x86  and everything else I can think of,  so if possible i'd like to find out if I can  somehow  transfer my FS2004 and attached IFY B737NG from my Wind XP to my Wind 7

I wonder if anyone can help me

Many Thanks

Richard (Nagoya)

It will install in Windows 7, 64 bit without any problems.  When you install iFly737, please right click the ifly exe program and select "Run as Administrator".  It will have to be reinstalled once you install Windows 7.  You cannot "migrate" it like other programs and documents.  Lots of iFly security features to eliminate pirates stealing the software.  Same with FS9.  It cannot be migrated.  You have to completely reinstall FS9 into the new OS.  Registry entries have to be made.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Sadly mine installs succesfully on my windows 7 64 laptop with fs2004 but I cannot get the aircrafts OHP, MCP  etc buttons switches etc to work and the aircraft sits with wheels imbeded in tarmac,  really can't understand why it all works well on Wind XP hence I was hoping I could migrate it to my more powerful 8GB Wind 7 64 Laptop, followed advice from IFLY's forum but still a no go.

really wish I knew what was blocking the system

Many Thanks

Richard

really can't understand why it all works well on Wind XP

Actually, FSX was made for the new OS at the time, Windows Vista (but backward compatible with XP).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Migrating FS9 to ANY other computer/op sys is easy as "copy/paste" if you are using the NOCD replacement "FS9.exe" launch file. I have done this several times. Just make sure you copy your original FS9.cfg file and paste to the correct location on the new system.