Sign in to follow this  
red259

Fatal error

I had a fatal error occur with vox right as I was on my final approach in fsx. I was flying into fsdt klas. How can I fix this. Posts about fs9 talk about deleting duplicate afcads, but I am not sure this applicable in fsx and if so I can not even find the afcads to delete.    

You didn't say what kind of fatal error this was. Blue Screen, CTD? What does the Event Viewer say?

I doubt duplicate AFDs have to do anything with it. But you can check with   http://www.scruffydu...scanner_100.zip .

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

PS

I just discovered a post that might be relevant to your problem:

"I recently installed FlyTampa's CYUL Montreal.  Every time I am transferred to the approach frequency,  VOXATC crashes and stops working."

"I deleted a Traffic 360 afcad and the problem seems to have gone away."

So it may indeed be an old AFD file that is interfering. Do you have any AI traffic add-ons installed?

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

I can't get the scanner to work. I selected what I thought were the appropriate folders, but when I click scan nothing happens. I have UT2. Its not a CTD, its just the vox window saying fatal error and then having to disable it and reload it. Unfortunately it happens on the final and destroys the whole flight. 

@  I selected what I thought were the appropriate folders.

What folders did you think were appropriate? Scenery.cfg Path usually is at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

@  I selected what I thought were the appropriate folders.

What folders did you think were appropriate? Scenery.cfg Path usually is at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

Yes I see the file when I look in my explorer and its in the main fsx folder. However, I am unable to directly select the file in the scanner. I'm not sure I have to click on the file name scenery.cfg, The closest I can get is the main fsx folder, because in the scanner it only shows the folders not the loose files when I go to select the path, so I end up selecting the fsx folder twice. When I click scan I see a green bar go across below the scan button for a second or two and then nothing pops up no matter what option I select. I don't know if this means it scanned and found nothing or if its not even scanning. I tried another flight into KLAS and vox had a fatal error again right at the end of the flight, so unfortunately its a major issue.  

Sorry, I didn't make that clear:

There are several scenery.cfg files on your computer.

The one Airport Scanner needs is at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX not in the FSX root folder (assuming FSX is on the c:\ partition).

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Sorry, I didn't make that clear:

There are several scenery.cfg files on your computer.

The one Airport Scanner needs is at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX not in the FSX root folder (assuming FSX is on the c:\ partition).

Ok. Your answer pointed out to me the right folder and the scanner works now. Of course, it does not find a duplicate for KLAS (which is where I am having the vox problem). One issue that is popping up is that it says it can not read the file associated with my bluesky scenery for the area around KLAS. It says unknown id -464 in airport record. I'm pretty sure I had this issue before I installed that blue sky scenery but maybe I will deactivate it and see if that makes a difference.  The scanner does show two files for fsdt kjfk when I have the duplicate option checked. Should I delete either of those two files or just leave it alone? One is kjfk_fsdt.bgl and the other is appr_kjfk.bgl both files are from fsdt and look different.  

Just leave them alone!

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller